Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Valentine's Day 2013 - Dozo Restaurant

Boy and i celebrated valentine's day 2 days before the actual day this year. We celebrated it on 12th instead which is the 3rd day of cny :) To my surprise  there were other couples who celebrated advance valentine's day at Dozo too and some other birthday celebrations going on. Dozo is definitely a place for couples who prefer to have somewhere quiet and romantic to dine it. I'll talk about it more in my post.

Look of the day :)

Cny flower display at valley point shopping center. Most of the shops were closed that day since its still cny period.

Located at the 2nd level of vally point shopping center.


#OOTD : Navy Blue Mesh Toga from MyLittleBow :) I got it from them around last year june/july. Cant really rememner. Its from their old collection. I dont think its on their website anymore.


My valentine's :)

The menu.

Dozo offers a 7-course set meal for dinner and 5-course set meal for lunch. Basically for the dinner, you just need to select 1 item from each of the heading on the menu will do. I prefer to eat dinner with set meals nowadays cause not much thinking is needed. call me lazy or what but i think is simpler than you look at a few page of menu going to and fro but no idea what to eat.

Snacks to let us bite on while looking through the menu and deciding  Got to discuss what we feel like eating so that we wont clash with each other haha. Able to try more variety in that way. The snacks are really good and its of pizza flavour :)

This refreshing drink is served after the waiter took our orders. The lime sobert is said to help us digest our food better later on. super nice drink! I drank it down in one shot lol.

The appetizer. Till now i dont really know whats on the right hand side. The waiter advised us to eat it starting from the scallop(in the middle), moving on to the right and then to the left(salmon!).

Boy's king crab claw salad. The crab meat is really yummy! 

I ordered the platter of air flown seasonal sashimi. To those who cant stand the raw smell of fishes, dont take this. I'm immune to it hence i find it super nice lol. And those who love sashimi but dont like the others, i will suggest u not to take it because i think the raw smell dont come from the sashimi. Oh ya there's fish roe in the middle 2 piece which i dont really know what is it, but is damn nice. crunchy one! I'm starting to suspect i'm some animal who live in the sea in my past life.

:)

Boy's foei gras chwanmushi. Took a bite and i love it too.

I ordered the steamed fresh bamboo clam. If you like chewy stuff, order this haha.

Happily waiting for my next dish lol.

Boy's double boiled beef consomme.

My crepe mushroom with truffle.

The waiter talked a little too fast, boy and i only remember the sentence "10 seconds in your mouth". I ended up putting the truffle 10 seconds in my mouth and spit it out. Boy and i came up with the conclusion that i should not swallow it down in case later the waiter come and collect think i everything also eat down. I continued drinking my soup and when the waiter came to collect, he asked me is it i dont like the truffle taste? lol. I've got no choice but to say ya. so embarrassing ~

After the soup, its time for the mains.

Boy ordered the beef tenderloin on granite hot stone.

They only cooked the beef till around medium rare and you got to cook it yourself by flipping here and there on the granite hot stone till how well you want it to be. The beef was yummy and the sauce was great. Boy love it a lot and told me he want to go back there to eat again haha! Btw, i hardly hear him praise restaurant :)

Did some research and i know they are famous for their duck confit. No doubt, nice tender duck meat~

After the mains they served our drinks. When i go back the next time, i would request them to serve this drink first though. Its such a huge pot and 1 each, felt so bloated after drinking it. 

Boy ordered iced mallow apple melody.

I ordered the iced fruity refresher.

Both our drinks are not too sweet and refreshing. 

We ordered the same dessert and i think we made the right choice. :) Heng we ordered the same if not confirm snatch one!

Dozo famous for its warm chocolate cake and vanilla ice cream.

The warm chocolate that's oozing out after i lightly took some cake to eat.

:)

With My Valentine.

If you're looking for a place to celebrate anniversaries or give your other half a surprise birthday celebration, i'll highly recommend Dozo :) They have one area cornered out for couples. Of cause if you want to go with your friends or families they do have bigger rooms. I saw a family of 10++ walking out while i'm half way dining through. I guess it is a common place to have family dinners too since its quite affordable. My bill came up to 70 per pax after the gst and etc for a 7 course set dinner :) You can call or email them to make reservation. I did mine by email and they replied really fast.

491 River Valley Road
#02-02/03 Valley Point Shopping Centre
Tel: 68386966


On Valentine's day i stayed back after work awhile to rush some stuff, reached home at only around 8pm -_-". Went home for some home cooked food by my mum. 

Boy surprise me at work with this photo. Thanks love. It some sort motivate me to  faster finish my work and go home to see my roses lol.

Feeling damn shag but upon seeing the roses i felt happier after a long day at work plus its valentines day!

My valentine's day present from boy. Finally gotten my hands on this watch. I've set my eyes on this watch for more than 1 year ago though.

Thanks my love. XOXO.

Follow me @ firstl0ve88 on instagram and formspring me at http://www.formspring.me/firstlove88 if you have any questions :)

No comments :

Post a Comment