Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Brunch @ Au Chocolat MBS

A brunch date with Derp before we head off to STGCC 2013! I'll blog more about STGCC 2013 some other time. I've long wanted a brunch date with Derp because I don't really remember we have any brunch date before! lol! Okay even if there is, I can't remember when and that would means long long ago.

We hardly have time to have brunch on weekend because we don't wake up that early but because of STGCC, We woke up at 8am to prepare! Since STGCC was held at MBS, we decide to have brunch at MBS before heading for the exhibition :)

It's located near the ice skating rink area and 2 levels up. It's pretty far from the MRT and secluded at 1 corner. Quite a perfect place for spending your afternoon with your favourite tea and cake while reading your new book. :)

Photo 1-9-13 11 23 40

Photo 1-9-13 11 24 07
They have a shop retailing their stuffs followed by their bistro. It's a fairly big area.

Photo 1-9-13 11 36 30
The interior setting.

Photo 1-9-13 11 37 04
I do love their logo, so sweet looking :)

Photo 1-9-13 11 26 34

They have the brunch menu but we find it a too overprice just for a brunch so instead, we opt for the ala carte mains instead. 

Photo 1-9-13 11 26 20

Photo 1-9-13 11 39 29
Au Chocolat - Eggs Benedict

Photo 1-9-13 11 40 16
Derp with his Eggs Benedict :).

I did taste a little but of it though I'm not a egg benedict fan. It's not bad. The ham and everything e;se matches really well.

Our sides came first. We ordered the truffle fries. I was really tempted to try this fattening fries because there's a huge rave about the Truffle Fries from Au Chocolat. No doubt, it was nice! 

Photo 1-9-13 11 42 44
Au Chocolat - Truffle Fries

I want to try Strangers' Renuion Truffle Fries soon :) #fatdieme

When Derp was almost done with his main, my pancakes have not arrived yet! I called the waiter/waitress to check my order a few times before it arrive. Derp was saying "isn't pancakes the easiest thing to do??". 

And because of the long waiting time, I kept stuffing myself with the yummy truffle fries and when my main arrives, I'm super duper full. I'm fully carbo load! gosh -_-".

Photo 1-9-13 12 10 13
Au Chocolat - Sweet Morning Pancakes

I love my pancakes wit fruits! But sad to say, Derp and I couldn't finish it. :(. If you are not really hungry/small eater, just order 1 main and truffle fries to share with your partner. Guaranteed chop you will be full! 

Photo 1-9-13 12 11 20
With my pan cakes.

The pancakes are really fluffy and soft, but it's just too much for us. Now I'm blaming the truffle fries for making us so full but it's just so tempting :) Afterall, what's brunch without pancakes? :)

Oh, the queue starts forming at around the late morning, I would suggest you to make reservation if you're going on a weekend to prevent long waiting time. The restaurant area isn't big at all.

My #OOTD that day..I realize I hardly had any ootd taken in the morning! The lightning was good and after some filter it look perfect. If my ootd was taken in the night, no matter how much filter it will just look so-so. I'm loving my weekend morning! :)

Photo 1-9-13 10 51 39 (1)
#OOTD - Agneselle Crochet Crop Top Tee and Bag by Yventually. Check out my review here!

Au Chocolat Pte Ltd. 
Bay Level L1-03
The Shoppes at Marina Bay Sands
2 Bayfront Avenue, Singapore 018956
 

No comments :

Post a Comment