Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Home's Favourite Mooncakes, Bakerzin Mooncakes

One more day to Mid Autumn Festival! As we grow older, we no longer carry lanterns or play candles/sparkles, okay la, I still do it last year :x but not this year.

Derp and I went for a jog last weekend and we saw many kids at the playground playing candles, it's only then I remember we forgot to buy candles and lanterns this year. Sigh, too many things on our head so we totally forget about it. Nvm then. 

BUT we did remember to pre-order our mooncake during the 7th month, it was much cheaper with all the discounts and also no need to scare there's not enough stocks. The hot favourite mooncakes are always sold out way before the actual day and the booth are just basically there for customers to collect their pre-order mooncakes. It's always good to be kiasu when come to mooncakes! You won't want to miss out the yummy mooncakes.

Home's Favourite durian mooncakes have been our favourite durian mooncake ever since Derp and I try it last year. No offence to GoodWoodPark durian but Home's Favourite durian mooncakes is DA BEST! I can't believe I didn't noticed their mooncake until last year! 

Last year, we bought the Mao Shan Wang and D24 durian mooncake. One can really taste the difference and Derp's mum preferred the Mao Shan Wang mooncake. So we bought another 2 for her this year. We don't really want her to over eat also lol!  


The standard until cannot standard type of Home's Favourite Packaging each other. I'm very sure they do not need to spend much on marketing their stuff because they get back their regular customers each year. Their sales are bound to be super good. 

:)

I saw the Bakerzin's mooncake on bongqiuqiu's blog and I know I've to get it for my mum and Derp's mum. I think the mooncake won't taste that bad la, afterall snowskin mooncake is usually quite sama sama de. Anyway the main reason for getting Bakerzin's mooncake is not for the mooncake, it's for something else. hehehe. If you have read bongqiuqiu's blog, you'll get what I mean. I'll show u at the later part of my entry.

We ordered the Royal Jade Collection and Black Seasame Collection. They have this liquor range, I was so gian to get it but I didn't. Probably next time ba :)




The flavours are as follow: Mung Bean Purple Sweet Potato Snow Skin (2 pieces), Mung Bean Green Tea Red Bean Snow Skin (2 pieces), Mung Bean Black Sesame Snow Skin (2 pieces), Mung Bean Yam Snow Skin(2 pieces). Bakerzin's snowskin moncake comes in a box of 8 and costs me $30++ after discount. Worth it to the max!  

Btw, the containers and box can be reused and store your own stuff. :):) 

The black sesame collection. 


        

I personally have tried the black sesame mooncake by Bakerzin. It contain white chocolate in the middle. The mooncake are not to Derp's liking but I find it not bad lor, just yet another snowskin mooncake. Btw, I'm a sucker for snowskin mooncake and I totally siam myself from traditional mooncake. Traditional mooncake can be really sweet if you buy the wrong type.

       
#OOTD of my mooncake delivery day. Can't help but to take photo with the Bakerzin bag! It's so chio and the quality is superb! Oh ya and that pair of shorts are from cotton on. My first pair of floral shorts. I'm so proud of it but Derp thinks that it's some wear-at-home shorts. -_-". 

Anyway, the shorts is super comfy la! I tried the size 8 and size 6, 2 Sundays ago, Size 6 was of perfect fit but when I went back there, it's sold out. So I got to make do with Size 8. As long it don't drop, I'm good :). There's totally no holes for belt! That's why I'm very skeptical about it. 

Okay that's all, Happy Mid Autumn Festival! :)

No comments :

Post a Comment