Sunday, September 15, 2013

STGCC 2013

STGCC 2013 was held at the MBS Convention Center, same venue as the previous year.

 The main highlights of STGCC 2013 has got to be the amount of Iron Man that was on display which make all the marvel or should I say Ironman fans going ga-ga over it.

The downside of STFCC 2013 is the organiser raise the price of the ticket. -_-". I can't really remember how much it cost per ticket last year, but this year it was $19 per ticket! I don't remember it being so costly, when I attended STGCC 2010, it was FREE! Last year it's like 12?? Now it's 19!

I ordered the ticket online last year, I've no idea why they took this online ordering system away, anyway, we could only get it from Action City outlets. And guess what? When I went to the Action City @ Jurong Point, shit happens.  Below is the convo between the sales girl(not local) and me

Me: Can I have 2 tickets of the STGCC tickets? The $19 one.
Staff: The 1 day tickets are sold out.
Me: HUH??! (I'm thinking why will sold out lor, seriously)
Staff: Yup, do you want to purchase the $25 ticket? You can go for both days.

She's trying to hardsell me the 2 days ticket but I'm not so easily bought over. And I'm not that free to go for both days la wth!

Me: oh then nvm la, I can still buy the tickets from there right during the actual day?
Staff: Ya you can but you would need to queue and there might be a long queue.

Seriously, she just want to make me kan cheong and cheat me into getting the 2 days ticket. In the end, I will only go for 1 day, and that would costs me $25. wtf.

Me: Nvm it's okay, I'll just go there queue. Thanks!

Anyway, I still can't believe that they are trying to hardsell the tickets, and what's with the sold out ticket?? Can't they just print more?

Btw, we got our tickets in a breeze because there's no one queueing for tickets :) Probably those hardcore hot toy fans would have to get the exclusive ticket, and camp there super early just so to pre-order the limited edition Iron Man and whatever is being sold.

SAM_1558
Obvious Marvel Theme.

SAM_1559
Mandatory shot.

SAM_1564
Random shot along the way.

Anyway, Derp did took all the photos of individual Iron Man that was on display, but as for me I only took those that I like lol. I took more than 100 photos, but I'm only going to upload some of it here. 

SAM_1577

SAM_1597

SAM_1598

SAM_1599

They did a replica of this thing, cool shit. But actually when you go near it to admire it, you will start to see it quite obvious that it's replicated. 

SAM_1600
A model of this scene in Iron Man 3. Chio max!

SAM_1604
Smaller Iron Mans.

SAM_1616
The woman behind Iron Man, Pepper Pots :)

SAM_1617
Super look like the real one right? lol.

SAM_1618
Chio!

SAM_1619
All the different Mark! Mark 1 to 42!

SAM_1620
Another Iron Man.

SAM_1621
I'll probably be super broke if I own this much Iron Mans and put them up is such a nice casing.

SAM_1625
The high light of the exhibition. Super 'kim' Iron Man.If only it's real gold, hmm..

SAM_1637

A scene in Thor Part 2 Movie :) Totally have no idea what's happening because Derp and I don't catch any of their comic. But it does look exciting! 

SAM_1653
Supposingly a scene in Avengers 2 :)

SAM_1655
Thor! They even make his weapon 3d so that visitors can pose with it :)

SAM_1656
Looking forward to the next Thor movie. It's in late oct if I'm not wrong :)

SAM_1658

The Iron man HP Eardust Plug. Derp and I did thought of pre-ordering this long ago but come to think of it, the bigger version of it is cuter than this. Am glad we didn't waste our money. lol. 

SAM_1659
3 new mini iron man! Cute max!

SAM_1660

The middle 3 are the new member. All so freaking cute! They are so expensive but I do hope I have at least a few of them in my house next time :)

SAM_1661
Iron Patriot Armor

SAM_1662

SAM_1663
Mark XLVII

SAM_1664

SAM_1665

SAM_1666

SAM_1669

:Love this photo ):):) I think I told Derp if the Iron Man suddenly move, I will probably freak out lol.

Photo 1-9-13 22 35 06
The Iron Man boggle head which we bought home. I bought the Spiderman one last year, didn't manage to get any Iron Man, but this year I managed to grab the last 3 Iron Man. *happy bird* :) Sigh, no money to buy hot toys, so we make do with the boggle head Iron Man lol.

This is my 3rd year attending STGCC and STGCC 2013 was definitely a blast, looking forward to what STGCC 2014 has got to bring to everyone :) 

2 comments :

  1. Anonymous11:33 AM

    What was the queue like when entering? Was it very long?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there,

      nope the queue was alright as I went on the last day :) There wasn't much people.

      Delete