Thursday, September 19, 2013

Play Kitchen @ Jurong Point Kopitiam

Derp and I went to Play Kitchen @ Jurong Point Kopitiam for dinner one weekday.  I've been wanting to try to see what's nice about it but always got no chance. Play Kitchen is opened by Ben Yeo, the mediacorp artiste. 

 Most of the time I didn't get to try it ever since it opened is due to the crowd at the whole foodcourt. Totally can't find any seats! I don't really wish to ta bao home because it won't be that nice. 

I managed to grab a seat first before Derp came that day. I felt as though I strike lottery to get a seat in that foodcourt, and it's really a 'war' at the foodcourt if you get what I meant.

Here's the menu. 

They printed the menu and put 1 stack at the counter for people to vet through it. Obviously, their food belongs to the high-end type of foodcourt food. 


          
Their menu at the back is really kind of small hence that explains why they got to print out the menu for easy viewing. Oh their staff are really quite friendly, but this picture don't do them justice lol!

         
I ordered the Smocked Duck Breast Penne with Fresh Vege in Thai Sauce

Yes, it's the healthier choice so I go for it lol! No la, I'm a fan of duck meat so yup. To my surprise, the whole pasta tasted sweet, it's my first time eating a sweet pasta! $7.90 for this dish, portion not that big but just nice for me. It would not be enough for guys. And yes, I didn't know Thai sauce was sweet. 

Derp ordered the Sambal Balachan Grilled Fish with Aglio Olio Spaghetti

The portion was alright, but why the chilli so little???!!! It's totally not spicy and I would have expected the fish to be cooked with the sambal balachan sauce and not like this! :(

Oh but to be honest, they do take in effort to ensure the grillled fish is perfectly cooked. The crispy, soft and not dry fish should be praise. Other than that, nth much. This cost $.8.90.

People may be curious to try it at least once but might not go back again, after all it's too expensive to have it for dinner everyday. Do make sure you have the Kopitiam Card because it entitles you to 10% off the total bill :)

Play Kitchen 
Jurong Point 1 Level 3 Kopitiam Food Court, Singapore 648886. 
Opening Hours: 11:00am – 11:00pm Daily

No comments :

Post a Comment