Saturday, January 18, 2014

Last Day of 2013: Countdown @ Boon Lay 2014

This is my last post on 2013. I know it's very backdated, but it's not that bad la! We are still in January :)

Sad to say, I went to work that day. If we were to take leave on that day, it's counted as 1 day leave, even though we were released earlier than the usual time. Oh well, I've got nth on at home so just go work then.

My last working #OOTD of the year from Gingerbelle. 

For the past few years, we have been going to Boon Lay Countdown. The countdown to 2012 was at Boon Lay CC area (Same as this year). It was a not bad experience, except for the fact that we didn't have any cash with us!

All the ATM at that area were out of cash. We wanted to have BBQ seafood for dinner at Boon Lay Hawker but we don't have any cash with us.So in the end, we had pizza instead. We felt really emo then because we were looking forward to the seafood dinner for quite a long time. 

The countdown to 2013 was held at the field area outside Jurong Point. It's in the Jurong Park which connects all the way to Chinese Garden.

A very bad experience because it was raining whole day, the field was really muddy and no one really bothered to go kpo the booths handled by the poor students who were there for CIP purposes. It was just too muddy and we made a move after staying less than an hour there. 

This year countdown to 2014, was held back at Boon Lay CC area, same as 2 years back. I'm glad that they do think it's the best place afterall for a countdown. Spacious and at least if it rains, it won't be flooded! It was really cooling that night. 

Derp and I went to eat what we wanted 2 years back that night. Since that time, we didn't went back to had it.

There were lots of people that night at Boon Lay Hawker Center. We managed to find a table  and ordered the food. The food took quite sometime to be served because they have lots of order that night! 

Sugar cane juice to go with our seafood dinner.

When our BBQ seafood came,  all the dishes we've ordered came in a shot. Shiok! I do hate it when food comes in 1 by 1 though or at the end of the day, the last dish was being forgotten and you will have to request for it. 

Sambal Stingray! 

The small stingray was sold out, hence we had the medium one. But it was just nice for us! Fresh and spicy max! 

Sambal Sotong! 

Sambal Kang Kong! 

Our last dinner of 2013! 

And the whole meal costs us $25! We went quite shock when we know of the price because when I found out their small stingray was out of stock, I was afraid our meal will be pretty expensive since we had to take a bigger stingray. But thinking that it's the last meal of 2013, so just let it be then.But who knows, it just costs $25! Super worth it, I'm so gonna bring my family there soon. My dad loves spicy stuff :)

Mandatory shot before we indulge in all the spicy dishes. 


We went to walk around the pasar malam food and games area after our dinner. There were quite alot of games stall around and as the night gets later, more and more people came to play the games and queue were formed.


My favorite when I was young.

Derp was hooked to this darts game. It costs $4 per game, and 7 darts were given to us. We were aiming to collect 10 points so as to exchange for a small toy lol.


Derp collected 10 points after playing 2 rounds, and I got my rilakkuma toy lol! 


There was actually a dragon rilakkuma around, but we think that the cow is more cute hence we chose the cow instead. :)

Us with the rilakkuma won by Derp. :):) 

Anyway, I did went back to try the dart game again since I did not try it at all. 

Won back a fan and rilakkuma file. 


The games booth set up by the students. Many people went around the booth to collect the 'chop' and when completed, you can exchange for some free gits. We saw the free gifts and were really not interested hence we didn't join in the crowd. Honestly speaking, the games are more for children. 

We went to the main stage area to watch the various performance while having ice cream.



:) 

It was freezing cold that night especially after eating the ice cream! 

We intend to head home around 10:30pm, when we were at the bus stop, I saw a bunch of security guard. Obviously they are waiting for the stars to appear, and less than 5 minutes, Rui En and Taufik appear. I can't stop my excitement and I kept telling Derp "Omg! Rui En is so chio!" "Omg! Rui En is so hot!" I bet he must be tsk-ing me inside his heart. It was a total fan girl moment.

We went back to the main stage area and waited for Taufik and Rui En to perform. I've been waiting all night to hear "sky's the limit".

I got so high when they sang it. The lyrics and everything inside, makes the song really meaningful and sky's the limit is my favorite quote because I believed sky's really is the limit :)

Ending this post with some Rui En photos. Didn't bring my camera out nor even the HTC phone. So most of the photos turn out pretty chui, but I recorded down all the singing.



Forget to mention, I love her dress that night. It's much more flattering that the dress she wore walking down the red carpet for TV50 celebration show.

I'm already looking forward to CLIF 3!

It was a enjoyable countdown @ Boon Lay. Simple, cooling and there's great food around. It beats having to squeeze with people in town and thinking how to get home after that. We went back around 11:30pm and reached home by 12 midnight. We didn't stay for the countdown so as to avoid the bus crowd later on.

Probably my last annual countdown in Boon Lay, though every year it's more or less the same thing, but it leaves me with nice memories. :)

No comments :

Post a Comment