Friday, January 24, 2014

Upcoming Runs for First Half of 2014!

Derp and I sat down and discussed through our schedule for the first half of 2014. We didn't really wish reonvation or wedding preparation to be used as an excuse for not exercising and keeping fit. 

After much discussion, We've settled on 4 runs for the first half of 2014. We would have participate in more runs but we think this is good enough. I'll be running 4 marathons in the first hafl of 2014, and 3 for him because there's a women run which he is not allowed to join lol! But he will be going with me to give me support. :):)

First marathon in less than a month time, it's the Marina Run 2014.Our first 10km run of the year. 


We weren't really interested to join this in the first place, but upon seeing there's groupon deal for it, we went ahead. Probably, the cheapest run after CNY to burn all the rubbish we ate during CNY and just in time to look good for our solemnization. 

I've also signed up for the Venus Run. My first ever Venus Run

I do love their theme because it's pink! A all women run and it's 5km. I'm just praying that it's not another run filled with never ending bottlenecks. 

We've also signed up for the NTUC Run 350. Both of us are NTUC policy holder, hence it's not expensive to join at all :) Signed up for another 10km so as to prep us for Sundown


I'm only praying that all this run are sufficient to get us prepared for Sundown. I don't wish to overwork my legs hence we scheduled one marathon per month. 

Sundown will be our official half marathon. It's my resolution to finish a half marathon this year. Honestly speaking, what I fret most is the tiredness that kicks in once it's night. Imagine you are already sleepy and you need more oxygen to stay awake, but the trees are fighting with you for oxygen lol! 


Derp was quite tempted to join the full marathon, but we discussed it out and reckon we should  not run full marathon for Sundown. Maybe next year or so. We don't know how long we will take for a 21km yet, and how we feel after running 21km. So it's better to take it slow and easy before running a full marathon. 

I'm already looking and planning the runs for 2nd half of the year. Feeling kind of excited for the first marathon of the year and at the same time feeling scare. No idea where my guts gone to but with Derp around, I know we can motivate each other!

Towards a healthier lifestyle and a fit-er body! :)

2 comments :

  1. jiayou dear! <3 i'm doing marina and sundown too hehe ;) keep running!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks babe! You too, enjoy your Tokyo trip and also the marathon! :)

      Delete