Thursday, January 30, 2014

CNY 2014 Preparation!

It's just 1 day left  to Chinese New Year

I've started prepping for CNY probably around few weeks back. And somethings screw up and thank goodness it was resolved at the very last minute. :)

Below are my various to-dos for every year CNY:

1) Help my mum make chi ku chips! It's a yearly thing btw. We started making 2 weekends before CNY. It wasn't a tedious process, just that the whole house will smell pretty bad for the whole day, and that includes my hair. 

I'm usually the taster/packer for the chips, but over the years, I've learnt self controlled. I will probably regret when I indulged too much in the chips, no one wants to fall sick before cny! 


All done up :) 

2) Spring Cleaning! The room was really in a big mess with plastic bags lying everywhere.There wasn't much space to walk then. I've spent one of my weekends packing all the different compartment of my dressing table, rearrange them and finally, nth is left laying around on the floor! 


The after photo. I should have took a before photo, it's really scary! lol. And not forgetting I went to get rid of my old pre-loved clothes at the flea in December, hence there isn't a need to pack my wardrobe again 

3) Cut and Dye Hair! I didn't dye my hair at Chapter 2 this time round, because I'll probably touch up my hair color for the photoshoot. So I'll just go for the budget dye.

I was really interested to try out this new dye my Garnier, it really seems that good because it claims to be 'ammonia free' and etc. 


It wasn't that fuss free afterall. I've asked Derp to help me with it because you got to apply it part by part. At the end of the day, it was quite a failure.

It was only last night then I started to re-dye my hair with Liese. I've used Liese many years back during my schooling days and it works wonder. So I some sort know that it won't fail me. All I ever wanted was to cover up my ugly bright brown hair ends. 


And yes, it works wonder. My hair is now saved by Liese. lol! I was looking for something dark for this CNY, and the color turns out to be really pretty,. 

3)  New nails color! I managed to find this home based manicurist who is located just a few blocks away from me. Her pricing is not that expensive as compared to outside salon in the shopping malls. Worth giving it a try since it's so convenient for me :) 

My nails for CNY 2014! Going for all pink because I'll be wearing pink/red. 

Shimmery maroon color for my feet.

I'm going back to do my bridal nails soon :) At least I know, I can walk over the day before to get my nails fix and be ready for my rom/photoshoot the next day! 

For more information of this manicurists based in Jurong, you may click here to see all the services she do and also the price of it. :)

4)  Keeping Fit and Eating Clean! As the festive season approach, no one wish to fall sick before that. My exercises routine are still the same, and not forgetting to throw in fruits after my meal so as to boost the immune system. My stomach was really unwell the week before CNY, I'm almost on bed for the whole weekend but I'm glad that I've recovered. 

Cutting up 1 sunkist to indulge it in in the middle of the night. lol. 

5)  Shopping for CNY Goodies! Derp and I decided to cut down on buying too much goodies. Because every year, our biscuit went lao hong even before we finished it. And we will have to throw around 1/2 of the leftover biscuits away. It's really a waste but no choice. So to prevent that, we stop ourselves from buying too much and at the same time we can save some $$ too :) 


Our favourite chocolate cookies from Bengawan Solo. We gave sugee a miss this year. Maybe when we move over to our new house, we can afford to have more goodies then to entertain our guests :) 

The pineapple tarts from Lester. I've already started attacking the pineapple balls even before CNY. 

6)  Shopping for CNY Clothes! Honestly speaking, it took me quite awhile to find the perfect dress to wear this CNY. It's been very long since I buy anything from the shop, I do online shopping most of the time. When it was closer to CNY, my day 1 dress arrive but no one was home to collect it.

Thankfully my mum was on leave, so she went to the singpost to collect for me. The queue was horrible. Postage services during the festive season is horrible.

All my CNY Clothes! 

Trust me, I cut down a lot as compared to last year. 2 tops, 1 bottom and 3 dresses. And I'm sure only 1 of them I won't wear it out normally, the rest I will haha! Got to really bear in mind which are the recyclable clothes.

Oh and my CNY Day 1 dress were pretty loose at the ptp area, but Derp sewed it up for me last night to make it look more fitting and nice. :):) Thanks love!

It's really busy with all the preparation but nth much to complain about because it's a yearly affair and family gathering time! Nothing beats having to spend quality time with the family.

I'm off to ironed all my clothes and dashed off to the gym to work out before the reunion dinner tonight. Dad is doing all the cooking tonight for the first time! Looking forward!

Wishing everyone a Happy Horse Year in advance :)

No comments :

Post a Comment