Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Big Eater Restaurant 大食家海鲜 Zi Char, Tenppan-Yaki Express @ Jurong Point Kopitiam

Everytime I jogged to NTU, I would jog pass this Zi Char which looks really good because of the crowd there, so I suggest to Derp to have dinner there soon. He had actually tried it before with his friends. He told me that the food there was not bad. This Zi Char stall name is Big Eater Restaurant which is located at the coffee shop next to city harvest.

But anyway later on, we realised the crowd there was not due to the Zi Char, it's due to the aston express! lol. The cheaper version of aston and yet value for money. I've personally tried it at amk area, so yummy :)

Okay back to the zi char, we ordered the prawn paste chicken, baby kai lan and hotplate beancurd. The standard type of food that we'll always order whenever we go and have zi char. Call me boring or what but I think a zi char won't be a zi char without all this mandatory dishes.  


The prawn paste chicken and baby kailan. Don't you think the prawn paste chicken don't look like prawn paste chicken? I feel it should be some how redder and not so much flour. The veggies was so so and we didn't finish the chicken because it was not as nice as compared to the ones at Jalan Bahar Zi Char. Or should I say it's not the normal prawn paste chicken that we would expect. 


Spicy hotplate beancurd. I'm quite surprised when it arrived because I didn't know Derp ordered the spicy one instead of the normal type. The hotplate beancurd taste normal, nth special, the one at Jalan Bahar zi char used rectangle tou fu instead of the round type. I've always preferred the rectangle type of tou fu instead of the round type. They do taste different to me! 

After trying the zi char at Big Eater Restaurant, Derp and I actually preferred the Jalan Bahar Sheng Shiong Zi Char. Do read my reviews if you have not done so We even went back to Jalan Bahar just last week to satisfy our zi char craving because the zi char at Big Eater Restaurant was just not satisfying! Perhaps we have ordered the wrong dish because they seems to be famous for their crab rather than the mandatory zi char dishes. 

Okay next up, I'm going to introduce the food at the newly revamped Jurong Point Food Court, or should I say half of the food court was renovated and there's some new stalls appearing. One of which is the Play Kitchen which was opened by Ben Yeo. We originally wanted to try that but there were totally no seats at the food court! It's near 2pm and everyone is still having their lunch. I'll probably try really soon so stay tune if you are looking for review about it.

We chanced upon Teppan Yaki-Express which is located at the kopitiiam food court too. They have their own seats to themselves since it's a teppan yaki stall hence we decide to try it because it seems like the only food available at the food court. I'm lazy to walk elsewhere to have our late lunch plus we are rushing for time to catch a movie. 


The menu. 

They also give out the menu to us. They do have quite a variety of meat and also seafood. There's many others ordering the prawn or scallop set or the whole seafood combo. It does looks really good when I see the chef cooking it for them.

We hardly have Teppan-Yaki because Derp don't really like it. Everytime when I suggest to him, he will turned me down. -_-". But anyway this time he agreed to it. :) We sat down and started looking at the chef cooking our set for us. We ordered the sliced beef chilli set to share because We aren't really hungry. 

Anyway, they will asked you whether do you want chilli/less chilli/no chilli, so feel free to tell the chef whatever your preference is. 


All the set come with bean sprout and green veggies. I took the photo of this before the green veggies were served. They served one by one depending on which item the chef cooked first. I love the fact they give quite a generous portion for the meat + veggies. 

The whole dining experience was not bad because it's freshly cooked, oh there's people ta-baoing too. I would definitely go back there to try the teppan-yaki seafood soon! :) 

Downside of it is it's not cheap! It costs us nearly 10 bucks just for 1 set, the seafood range costs more than 10 bucks. Usually foodcourt food costs less than 5 dollars but this is nearly 10 bucks. Oh well, overall it's worth the try. 

So do remember to use your kopitiam card when you dine in there, it's part of kopitiam so you will get 10% off which is super worth it especially when the food is 10bucks or more! You can save more than $1 hehe. 

Teppan-Yaki @ Jurong Point Kopitiam
1 Jurong West Central 2, #03-42
Jurong Point Shopping Centre
Singapore 648886


I've recently updated my listing at agnes and maurice! I'm still in the midst of updating new items up to my selling listing. I'll get down to update my blog preloved page soon after I get the listing at agnes and maurice done.

Do check out my selling list at http://www.agnesmaurice.com/users/2870/listings and if you're interested in any item just email me la, my readers will get special discount! :)

No comments :

Post a Comment