Sunday, August 25, 2013

Dinner @ 49 Seats

Few weeks ago, Derp and I went to 49 seats on a Friday night to have our dinner. The queue was really really horrifying long but thankfully I had called in to reserve the seats earlier on that week. Phew. When we left, there's a group of 18 people coming in! That would easily took up half of their restaurant place. 

We had initially wanted to go there during the national day period but because the restaurant were 50% reserve and they do not take in anymore reservation but requested us to walk in instead. I guess if you intend to go there during public holiday or weekends, just go ahead and make reservation! 

We promptly seated once we reach but that was after I cheong up to the counter to let them know we have reached. They were pretty short handed on a Friday evening. 

Their menu with the old school feeling. 

The interior deco of 49 seats. They do have outdoor seats too. 


We add on the soup + drinks to our main course and here's the mushroom soup. This is probably the first mushroom soup I've tasted thats not so mushroomy, if you get what I mean. The taste is really not that thick and a little blend. I actually prefer those thick mushroom soup though. 

Their service on a Friday night was quite slow but they have a TV to entertain everyone. It was showing X-Men!  

My main course came first and it took quite a long time before Derp's main course was here. 

Pan Fried Fish with Alskempi Sauce. 

If you are wondering where's the Alskempi Sauce, it's on the a seperate bowl above the picture. And if you asked me what's Alskempi Sauce, I would describe it as creamy seafood sauce with prawn and 'hum' inside. Super duper nice! But I do not recommend one to consume in large amount because it would be too salty! 

Happy me with my main course. 

Anyway I chose to have this because I'm can't really take tom yum that well hence I leave the tom yum pasta to Derp to try. 


I scope some of the Alskempi Sauce and place it on my fish to take this photo so everyone has a better understanding of what's Alskempi Sauce. It's quite highly rated and a must try when one goes to 49 Seats other than the tom yum pasta. :)

Here comes the lead of the night, Tom Yum Pasta! Trust me, when I first heard about this tom yum pasta from my colleague, I went like HUH?! lol. And I know I've to bring Derp to try this because he's a spicy food lover. He was sweating when he finished the whole plate of it.

I had one mouth of it and I totally can't take it because it's too spicy for my liking. It's really the traditional thai tom yum type of taste. Tom yum lover would really love this. 


49 Seats
49 Kreta Ayer Road, Singapore, Singapore 089007
Telephone: 6225 4332
Operating Hours: 18:00 - 04:30

Do take note of their operating hours because they have recently change it and only opened from 6pm onwards! :) And if you think of going there on a Friday night after work, just call to make reservation, you will probably get to them after a few rings. 

No comments :

Post a Comment