Monday, August 19, 2013

The Conjuring, Elysium, Jobs, Internship

I have caught quite a number of movies lately, a total of 3 movies last weekend and 1 during the long weekend another movie!

I hardly have any relaxing weekends especially in the month of August but I'm so happy that last weekend Derp and I are totally free. No need to rush all over Singapore to get things done. And that would mean we can just chill around and watch some movies be it watching at home or outside.

We caught The Conjuring, Elysium, Jobs and Internship just over the past 2 weekends.

Just some short reviews on theses various movies below:

1) The Conjuring


Seriously, just the poster itself sends a shiver down my spine.

I must admit I'm never a fan of all these horror shows because I think it's dumb to spend money to scare myself. Thank goodness I watch The Conjuring at home though I think the whole experience would be better if we were to go to a cinema.

It's been awhile since I watch a not-bad horror movie, the standard of the movie was good and the story line isn't lame at all. I'm amazed by the movie because it's a real life story! Some of them are still alive now and there's interviews on the web. Do google it if you're interested :)


 
2) Elysium 


Sci-fi movies have been my second favourite genre of movie to catch in the theatre. My favourite genre is defintely action pack movies like iron man, avengers, gi joe, wolverine, okay in short all sorts of action pack movies.

The movie, Elysium, potrays the mega difference between the wealthy and poor really well. You got to be really god damn rich to buy the ticket to go Elysium and be a citizen there, a place whereby healthcare facilities are super amazing. Actually I'm quite -_-" by the bed which heal every single illness you have on your body for example leukemia. Is that even possible? Okay sci-fi movies, anything is possible. I got to bear that in mind.

The show is NC 16, so do expect many gore scenes and spoiler alert, Matt Famon never dies until the very end. After going through shit and many injuries on his body, he survived till the very end.




3) Jobs



When I first know that Ashton Kutcher would be acting as Steve Jobs in the Jobs movie, I went like "HUH??!". My image of him stay put when he acted as that hot guy in No Strings Attached with Mila Kunis. He have always been my cup of tea to be frank. I've really have no idea why until I watched Jobs.

After watching the whole show, I just want to say they have found the correct person to act as Steve Jobs la! Aston Kutcher really look like the young Steve Jobs, at least 90% alike. Gosh!

Putting that aside, it's a inspirational movie to show the early life of Steve Jobs, it's not really a funny movie like Social Network Even though I already somewhat know what's Steve Jobs life was like when he's young and how he have made it so far, this movie probably makes one understand him more as a person rather than text, and that would be all the Wikipedia content about him.

I think Ashton Kutcher did a not-bad job imitating Steve Jobs actions like the way he speak and the way he walk. :)



4) Internship




















My favourite movie among all the others I've watched lately. Though I don't know why the version I've watched is without the rubik cube competition part, a bit sad though but it's a good movie!

Okay la, maybe I'm a software engineer and I can totally relate to this movie like whatever terms they use and I go ga-ga over Google company. They have free drinks and free food at their cafeteria, they have this energy pod whereby staffs can take a power nap there, they have slides everywhere, yes slides like those in playground type whereby you can just zoom down from level 2 to level 1 in an instance. So freaking nice la!

Okok best part, I love their hats. Yes the hats they wore on their first day.


So freaking cute :):)

Anyway the main point of this movie is to tell you, you do not need to be the smartest or whatsoever to get into their company because the 2 joker salesman made it into google company in the end lol. You just got to be different and team work is very important.

I've always write Google as my ideal place to work in whenever I was asked to write down for some test or what, this movie has reaffirmed that Google is still my ideal place to work in! :)



That's all for my movie reviews and I'm just sharing my two cents worth of thoughts. :)

No comments :

Post a Comment