Monday, August 05, 2013

NTU Convocation Ceremony 12 - 30th July 2013, 2pm

Derp has finally graduated!! :) Though he have already started work for close to 2 months, I think He don't feel any excitement at all but as for me I feel so excited. 

Probably because I'm going back to my ex-school, going back to see my ex-professorss(be it good/bad professors, some of them I totally dread their modules), and the feeling of stepping in again is very different :) 

We went to Jurong Point to have brunch before meeting his mum and brother. Never did We know that We would forgot all about our tickets  We did not bring the tickets for the ceremony and Derp went home to took it. After all the hoo haa, and that includes not a single cab in sight when We were rushing for time, We managed to reached there around 5-10 minutes before the graduates were asked to be seated. 

I faster get Derp robe up before He do all the admin stuff and We parted thereafter. The graduands sat near to stage and their family/friends sat behind in the Nanyang Auditorium. 

Took some photos after he wore his grad robe :)

SAM_1418
Derp with his mum.
SAM_1421
Derp with his youngest brother.

SAM_1422
Derp with me and I think I look chui here. Took this photo in a rush before We part.

SAM_1424

We sat on top because We went in a little late and most of the seats below are taken up. As Derp only manage to get 2 ticket and couldn't get any extra via the balloting system, Derp's youngest brother was not allowed to go in BUT the person allow those without to go in after the 20 minutes which is after the guests speaker speech. I'm totally clueless on whats the rationale behind this system but anyway Derp's youngest brother came in to join us shortly. We chop a seat for him :) 

Oh ya, sitting in this auditorium once again, I'm feeling nostalgic upon seeing this familiar backdrop. :) 真的是那些年啊!  

SAM_1427
The school of hogwart scene.

I didn't know our degree was the first one to go up to receive the cert after the masters students, totally caught me unaware. lol. Note that I used the word OUR because We took the same degree.

SAM_1429
Derp spotted me and kept waving to us lolol. But I took a blur pic of him. :x.

SAM_1431
:) 3 years of uni in exchange for that few seconds in stage.

The ceremony ended by 3:20-3:30pm. Derp went off to took group photos with the others course mates.

SAM_1432
All my juniors!

SAM_1435

Derp with the graduation bear he gave me 2 years ago :):) Can you tell he's super happy? Probably it's the only event whereby guys take flowers/hug bear and nobody will say they gay. Oh, btw the new batch of NTU grad bear look super chui, the eyes look super out of shape. It just looks weird. The older batch looks much cuter :)

More photos below...

SAM_1436

SAM_1437
haha! We look super funny here! Head big, body small. LOL.

We went in to school of biological science to have the buffet. After which more photo taking session. I'm his cameraman of the day. 

SAM_1439
The red bean potong that He just started eating and the series of photo taking session goes on.

SAM_1441

SAM_1442
I like this photo but too bad it's blur. But I think it still looks nice :)

SAM_1443

SAM_1451
I miss my motar board hence I requested Derp to help me take this photo lol. 我也是毕业生!

SAM_1453
#OOTD- Lovely Fairytale Dress by Holloque. Check out my reviews here!

SAM_1455

SAM_1456
His youngest brother with the cute bear.

SAM_1458
Derp with his family members.

SAM_1459
With me inside :) Thanks to the kind just graduate PHD student who took this for us.

SAM_1461
Derp's mum and him.

SAM_1466
My favourite photo with Derp taken by his friend.

I was looking forward to do a comparison of us during my convocation and us during Derp's convocation.
So ta dah, here it is! 


Behind every graduate stands a supportive partner, I'm glad We've been there for each other all this years. Through thick and thin :) It's definitely not easy because when I'm mugging for exams over weekend, he got nth much to do on weekends because that's during his NS period. When he's mugging for his exams, I'm basically nua-ing my life away on weekends that's after I started work and he's too busy for me. I'm glad that everything is over. :) Congrats my Derp on graduation! 

Oh and if you want to find out how horrible I look in 2011, click here. Pardon for the weirdly stretch photos. I know it really looks weird. -_-".

No comments :

Post a Comment