Sunday, October 06, 2013

28/09/2013 - The Proposal

On the proposal day, it started off as any another normal Saturday. We had our breakfast and Derp accompanied me to the stadium for my ABT lesson, whereas he go for his routine run followed by some workout.

The week before the actual proposal date, he kept telling me, "so next Saturday we go see our wedding band hor?"

Honestly speaking, I don't remember me telling him I want to see it on that specific date but he insisted that we go on that specific day. Hence, I smell something fishy lol! On Friday, which is the day before the proposal day, I kept disturbing him (as usual) and said " you going propose tml??:):):):)". I will go on saying "okay tomorrow I need to wear chio". He just kept saying "no!" or he will just choose to remain silent lol.

To me, it's just some normal convo between us because we behave like that most of the time. In short, disturbing each other.

He fetched me back home after my ABT lesson. On the way, I asked him about our lunch plans, should we like da bao or we just go cityhall to eat? He say "maybe we just JP to eat delifrance". I was thinking why so random but anyway, we were quite slow in prepping ourselves to go JP to have our lunch before heading to City Hall. We settled down on subway @ JP since there's the 5.90 promotion going on.

Oh ya, I forgot to mentioned he actually get ready to go out of the house really SLOWLY , which I came to realize he's dragging time. I'm already done by 2:00pm and sat there to wait for him. His phone vibrate non stop by all the whatsapp chat, but I didn't bother to see what's going on. Just in case he really propose, I will be spoiling my own surprise. I saw him ironing his SHIRT to wear out, usually it will be t-shirt or polo tee on Saturday/Sunday, but SHIRT, I went like O.O. If we intend to attend events, then I will ask him to wear nicer, but that day, he automatically took out what he wants to wear.

So I did some fashion parade (to match up with him) and asked him nice anot? He say "No". -_-". Eventually I went back to wearing something not-that-nice. I asked him for the N times, "I need to makeup anot? Later you propose I not chio how?" As expected, he say "don't lame, no. We're just going to see wedding band". I somehow regretted for listening to him, I've been niam-ing non stop for at least a day on how chui I look in the proposal photos.

I've actually thought through my mind, what if I bring my hopes high up, and he didn't propose in the end, it will be so -_-". I don't really dress up on weekend because I got tired of dressing up from Mon-Fri, weekends I just want to nua.

Anyway, I waited for him to get ready till I'm really hungry. So my mood wasn't really that good until I ate my subway.

On the way to Cityhall, his phone vibrate non stop again. I kept peeping but he told me to "Just play your game". I replied "I play finish liao la, nth to do. Pei me talk" At times like that, he should have gotten a privacy filter long ago. lol! But anyway, I couldn't be bother to what he was doing so I just stone on train, he was busy on his whatsapp chat/game.

Btw the whole of the week he proposed, he's really different. I would describe it as constipated face hahahahah! Now I know why, he's feeling nervous. He didn't talk much like before or disturb me that much (because he disturb me max now since proposal is over). And after everything, I found out he was busy rehearsing his lines to tell me during the proposal.

When we reached Cityhall, we tapped out of the control station and slowly walk to Raffles City Shopping Centre. I felt like going to the toilet even before I alighted the train and told him about it. But I didn't lol! If I were to head to the toilet, his whole plan will be ruin. So overall, I didn't spoil my own surprise. I told him I don't have feeling to go toilet already so let's just go see our wedding band then.

Once we entered Raffles City Shopping Centre, we walked straight and make a right turn(that's by right the way to go Love and Co to see our wedding band, hence I never suspect anything).

At that point, I spotted some guys on the 2nd level holding "WILL YOU MARRY ME". I was thinking who is it for. Just as we moved forward a little, I looked up on the 3rd level, I saw my big name "JING XIAN"

IMG_3091_1

I was kind of feeling lost and he dragged me till somewhere in the middle of nowhere, okay it's probably Kate Spade area, he told me "you wait here for me". I replied "no!". LOLOLOL! I'm like "how can you throw me there alone when people already start to notice something is going on!!"

He was stun because he need to find his brother and Lin Hang who were holding on to the ring, flowers and balloons. They were actually behind us and they called out for him.

And so Derp passed me the flowers, and he was holding on to the balloons...

IMG_3087_1

So here comes the moment..

IMG_3089_1

Honestly speaking, I wasn't really paying much attention to what Derp was saying, I was too lost..

After he talk a few paragraphs of words..mainly apologizing for keep me waiting because he doesn't want to do any cliche shit proposal, and also how much I've change his life..*touched*..

He then popped the question "will you do me the honour of marrying me?" And because I was still feeling shocked, he asked again LOL! I nodded my head and put out my hand for him to wear the ring.

IMG_3092_1

IMG_3093_1

IMG_3094_1

And ta dah! We are offically engaged :) 

IMG_3097_1

His helpers came down for group photos. Trust me, I took awhile to register who were there to help him. They look pretty different from when they were botaks okay? :)

IMG_3104_1

IMG_3105_1

IMG_3107_1

IMG_3108_1

IMG_3111_1

And so, after the whole proposal, we stomped into Love and Co to get our wedding bands. I think we shocked the person with all our props. 

Thanks my dearest fiancée for making this proposal so memorable and special. We looked at Raffles City Shopping Centre in a different way now. Not forgetting all the coordination with your helpers and everything you have done for this proposal, it might not be perfect but it's the effort that counts. :) I love you! 

IMAG0526 
The proposal ring. :)

  IMAG0524
The heart shape balloons which he bought it online from overseas, because the whole of Singapore doesn't have it. 

IMAG0522_1

I'm offically engaged :) 

1 comment :

  1. A wedding ring is traditionally a simple band of gold, but even this simple band comes in a variety of weights. Usually, men wear heavier rings while women wear lighter, thinner rings. Whatever ring you want to buy that you will find here- Wedding rings South Africa. They have a vast collection of wedding ring I must say from here you will get your favorite one.

    ReplyDelete