Thursday, October 31, 2013

Morning or Night Run

I'm a night owl since birth, or maybe used to be. I can't really stay awake in the mornings. Even on normal days, my brain ain't shut on in the morning. Hence, I suffered quite a lot during my schooling days because I just can't stay focus.

But yes, I can wake up for morning marathons on the weekend without having much trouble. Though at time, it can be a bitch, but the joy of running in the morning, is kind of different. It's something which I don't get to enjoy that often apart from running at night.

I've been finding out whether is there any difference in running in the morning and running at night. After much research, there isn't much. When I mean difference, I mean something like which is healthier, which is better for weight loss and etc.


Honestly speaking, I prefer to embrace the sunset or should I say enjoy the silence of the cooling night, as compared to the wee early mornings of the day whereby the temperature of the surrounding would slowly increased. In short, I prefer hot to cold, rather than cold to hot.

I've heard about some running myths like for example, a person who run in the morning empty stomach is able to burn whatever he/she eat the night before. And for a person who run in the evening, he/she can only burn what he/she had ate in the day. Myths are just myths.

After running for like nearly a year, the biggest difference of running at different point of the day, would be the amount of oxygen level at different time of the day. I find myself going breathless easily whenever I run at night as compared  to when I attend marathon. It's much more tiring to run at night though because you are snatching the oxygen with the trees. This didn't really cross my mind until I start to think through it.

Though I'm a night run person, I don't totally excuse myself from a morning exercise hence I joined marathon. Not being able to wake up early in the morning during weekdays, doesn't stop me from waking up early in the weekends. Afterall, you do not need to force yourself to stay awake in the day on weekends, so no matter how tired you are in the morning, it's fine! :)

Running at night as compare to the morning, one will experience a totally different running experience. You have to do it to experience it yourself. Words can't really describe it.

In short, I do my routine training only at night and find myself running easier for marathons in the morning. And not forgetting, I used to hate running because it's so tiring, then I realized I was doing it wrong all along. I do find it quite unbelievable that I'm enjoying it that much now.  

It's amazing how I started from 5km to 6km to 8km and the soon to be 10km. I do feel butterfiles in my stomach 1 day before my race, worrying whether can I make it and etc. But if you never try, you won't know how far you can go.

I'm looking forward to complete my first half marathon in time to come and not forgetting a full marathon.


No comments :

Post a Comment