Monday, December 23, 2013

Achievements of 2013

As 2013 is coming to an end, it's time to sit down and look back what has happened this whole year. 

The first run I joined this year was the Nike She Run. I happily chanced upon the registration for the race after seeing one of my friends sharing on facebook. There's this buddy deal going on, it's cheaper if you sign up with another friend. 

I happily jio-ed Karen and she kindly agreed. I was thinking "wah Nike run! Sounds good to go since the event t-shirt and finisher t-shirt will be Nike Brand" Come to think of it, if she didn't agree to join with me, I will still probably be unfit and flabby all this time. So peers support plays a great role! :)

It was just a 5km run, no harm joining, even if you can't run, it will take you probably an hour or so to finish it. Sometimes, you just need to have this kind of thinking and you will see yourself accomplishing something bigger each time. Trust me, it works. Don't need think so much, just do it and you will see yourself at the finishing line even if it takes 1 hour or more of your time.

I didn't really trained that much, just basically 2.4km everytime I go jogging. I could not even run up to 3.6km at that time. It kills me to run that much at that point of time. Now, 3.6km/4.8km is my normal mileage everytime I go jogging.

Derp kindly agreed to accompany go for my first run. Though the organiser screw up big time, the race started late and the human traffic was equally bad, I completed it and never regretted joining it in the first place. The sense of achievement you get, is something which you can never get elsewhere. 


After completing my first 5km, I signed up for Jurong Lake Run 2013, I chose the 6km run over the 10km run because I was not at all confident for the 10km run. 


It was my first race that I went alone because I didn't asked Derp to accompany me since it was really near my house. I will be back home without him knowing.

It was a well organised run with beautiful scenery that I will never expect in Jurong area. One of the runs I tell myself to join every year and I'll be going for the 10km next year. 

The run was after the haze period, I'm glad that the race wasn't postpone or cancelled. Because I myself thinks that a little bit of haze won't kills. It's better than running behind someone who is smoking. #fact

Having to complete a 6km run, it was time to challenge myself again to a longer distance. 

Derp and I happily joined the Kranji Coutnry Side Run. The 8km was cancelled due to the heavy rain. It was on the same day as Adidas's KOTR. 


It was an eyeopener and our first time visiting there. It would be cool to run there but too bad it was cancelled.

Such unforeseen circumstances were bound to be expected at ever race, oh well there will always be next time. 

We happily went to sign up for the CCK Big Farm Walk and Run 2013. It was yet another 8km run. Best part, it costs us $8. It's near our place and there's shuttle bus from our place to the starting point. Seriously, why not? 

I still remember I asked Derp while we were waiting at the starting point "what are we doing here when the rest of them are sleeping at home?" That's because I was yawning like mad before the race start. Many a times, I asked myself this question, especailly during morning run. I will probably scold myself and tell myself " I ownself find one, I can't blame anybody"

After scolding myself, I still went to sign up for more runs in the end. I know it's pretty contradicting.


After all this while, I've learned to spot the camera and pose for it. But sometimes, I'm just too tired and the picture will turn up super unglam. And also I learned that by wearing a cap during your run, makes you look less unglam haha! Even during a night run, I will wear a cap too to prevent my hair from flying everywhere.

So I've completed, 5km, 6km, 8km, next up will be 10km

Great Eastern Women Run was one of the run with the most women joining it. It was my first 10km. It's as good as reaching another milestone, challenging myself again and again.

It was going to rain that morning and it started to drizzle while I'm running. It was a good run afterall and I'm satisfied with my timing. Derp was there supporting me with his umbrella :). Super touched from the bottom of my heart, it's better than those expensive gift okay? 


My last race of the year was Run Happy 2013. A leisure and non competitive race. 


I ran alongside with Derp and it was more shag that running Great Eastern. Our timing was pretty bad, but since it's the last race of the year, nth much to complain about or be sad about. I'm glad that I've completed all this race for this whole year. 

I never expect myself to go this far and I aim to go even further in time to come.


From someone who hasn't been running for the longest possible time,  at least for 7-8 years. It was not easy to pick up running again. But I'm glad I did and preserve on, there are days where I feel tired/lazy/grumpy and just do not wish to run, but I went ahead. Timing might not be the most ideal, I can only tell myself to try again next time. It's better than sitting at home waiting for fats to miraculously disappear. 

Less than 2 months to the start of my first 2014 run, looking forward to it. 

No comments :

Post a Comment