Sunday, December 22, 2013

Babies, Babies and more Babies!

I know the title may somewhat sounds misleading, but I had a baby-fied(I made this word up myself) weekend few weeks ago.

First up, it was Prof's Wesley baby shower. He was Derp's FYP professor and also my networking tutorial teacher in my final year in NTU.

I will never forget how enthusiastic he is when it comes to teaching. He will make sure everyone of us understand the tutorial questions in depth before moving on. He have his own sets of tutorial answers which are different from the standard answers. 

He will present his tutorials solutions in such a way, to help us understand it easily and makes it less painful for us. I still remember the bunch of us went over his room to copy down the tutorial answers because he can't distribute the answers online. It's all worth it because it helps us to understand so much better.

I recommended Derp to choose him as his FYP professor. Derp did really well for his FYP and he's probably one of Prof Wesley's A* student. Other than being his FYP professor, he often care about Derp's academic results and encouraging him on. He was there for Derp's convocation and requested to take a photo with Derp for keepsake purposes.

We are really happy that he's a father now. Though he has more commitments now, we believe he will be a good father. We are more than willing to be there for his baby shower. And not forgetting, he's our future neighbor when we move to Seng Kang! Looking forward to see his family again and baby Qiao En soon :)

Enough said, pictures time!


Decided to dress up a little on a Saturday since I'm going to a prof's baby shower haha! 

#OOTD - Hearts all over the world tonight dress from BKK. I name it that because the heart shape prints are just all over the dress and it was love at first sight for this dress.

A close up of the dress.



My red armswag that day was bought during my recent trip to BKK. It was bought at a street stall in BKK. I hardly wear any armswag but I see that it matches my nails, bag and shoes, so I wore it out. :)

The baby shower was held at a pavilion in Bedok South. I've been there before because it's really near to Esther's place. Too bad Esther wasn't home, if not we would probably pop by to see Kyler since it's been sometimes we see him.And that would makes the no. of babies I met that weekend to 4. Now you know why I say I've a baby-fied weekend.

The catering area. 

It's the first time I went to a baby shower in a open space. The pavilion is pretty cooling and spacious. 

Prof Wesley's wife is currently doing confinement at her mother's place hence they chose this pavilion to hold the baby shower. The house is a walking distance from the pavilion, hence when it comes to changing diapers and etc, it isn't tat bad. And the couple need not carry all the baby stuff with them to the baby shower.

Catering by Elsie's Kitchen 

The food was not bad though I still prefer Angeli.

Say Hi to Qiao En

She's one of the rare babies who I met during baby showers, who is wide awake. Most of them are usually sleeping. 

A group shot before we left..

Prof Wesley in the superman t-shirt, his TP colleagues, his current fyp student followed by us. 


Yummy Pinegarden's Cakes given by Prof Wesley. He generously gave each of us a box before we left. 

Pinegarden's cakes are defintely in my list when comes to choosing cakes for Guo Da Li. :)


We also popped by the newly opened Bedok Mall that day since we are in the vicinity. Quite a number of shops have already opened as compared to West Gate. Will blog about my trip to West Gate soon :)

Emme's 1st birthday was on the next day. It felt as though she was born not long ago. Time flies since 12.12.12. Now, she knows how to stand and walk wobbly with aid. Sooner or later, she'll be running around! Glad to see her growing up fast and healthily. 

I was tasked to help Karen get the Happy 1st birthday balloon pumped up. Lester came over to drive Derp and I over to Serangoon North, Thanks to Lester, if now we will have to carry the balloon all the way via train.


#OOTD - Easy Breezy Ruffled Tank by Hollyhoque and Emme's Balloon. The balloon is too cute to resist not to camwhore with haha!

It was a small event hence there were more than enough food for everyone. The yummy food was from Angeli and we went to take more than 1 round. I'm so going to hire them for my housewarming next time :)


The cute baby shower favours. We packed home quite a few tubs because there were pretty lots of leftovers. I reused the container to store my stuffs in office :)

After Emme's party, we headed over to Punggol to visit Derp's colleague newly renovated place.  His colleagues greeted us with his 4 months old baby girl. His cute daughter melts our heart when we first see her.We didn't went for the babyshower because we went for STGCC.

We were pretty pai seh to trouble people on a Sunday to let us view his place. So we bought some gifts for his baby girl. One of which is the pooh bear below. :)

His colleague kindly lend us his measuring tape and we went around his house to start visualizing our own house. His colleague's house layout is almost 90% same as our house. We do learn quite a bit from his colleague after he brought us around the house explaining to us the different materials and stuff like that. Really grateful for that.

We didn't stay that long either so as to let the family of 3 enjoy the rest of their Sunday together.


The pooh bear we gave her haha! This picture totally makes our day even up till now because she's such a sweetheart. 

That's all for my baby-fied weekend! Hope all this cute little babies photo brighten up your day as much as they do to me :)

No comments :

Post a Comment