Sunday, December 08, 2013

My favourites from Marché..

On a usual super busy weekend, and when I say super busy weekend, I meant going everywhere in Singapore to get things done, Derp and I didn't forget to sit down, take a break, relax and have some good food to fuel ourselves before the long journey :) 

We have been going to the Expo very frequently for the past few months, first time to get quotations from the various IDs, and subsequently meeting up with them during another Expo fair to finalize some details, since we don't have the time to visit their showroom. In short, we have become a regular of the Expo.

There isn't really much eateries in Singapore Expo. Most of the eateries are located in Changi City Point, which can be quite troublesome if you were really hungry after a day at the Expo. So do fuel yourself up before going for fairs/exhibitions.

We have the habit of getting a drink/snack before we start visiting those fairs/exhibition in the Expo. It can be really tiring and time consuming. One of the frequent restaurants/eateries that we patronize is none other than the Coffee Bean! Be it grabbing a cup of coffee before attending an event, or simply sitting down to dine in, Coffee Bean seems to be a better choice than the other eateries.


We shared a cheese cake and mocha latte that day. Shiok! The coffee was really strong and it gave us a caffeine boost :) And yes we brought the drink in to talk to our ID for the next 2 hours or so. Now you know why I say we need the caffeine boost? Lol.

We then headed down to town to meet the tailors from Bangkok. They were here for a short trip and Derp has some amendments to make for 1 of his tailor-made pants. Thankfully, I do have colleagues going over to BKK pretty often, and are able to collect the pants on his behalf. If not we would have to pay an additional $40 just for shipping.

We had our dinner at Marché @ 313 Somerset..

Our love for Rosti have gone to the point that we even made our own Rosti from raw potatoes. Sorry if the recipe is so not detailed, I'll do a better job next time when I have my own house. Looking forward to start whipping up dishes that I love. :)

I actually do blog about Marché quite a few times but I believe I didn't really go in-depth.

So here it goes, my favourites from Marché!

I would head to the Rosti section and start thinking which toppings to have for the day. Honestly speaking, the price of the Rosti for all the different toppings has gone up. Its sad to say, but it's really more worth it to cook it yourself then, since the cost price is much cheaper. It's just potatoes! 

The abundance of potatoes/carbo! 


The chef simply grabbed a bunch of the potato strips, throw it into the hot pans, and monitor them till it is "flippable", and flipped them a few times before dishing them onto the plates for customers. 1 Rosti probably takes around 5-10 minutes to cook :)

After getting the Rosti, I would then head on to the veggie stations to get baked potatoes and mushrooms. I know, it's carbo again. 


The mushrooms are really yummy, next time I should just have a small bowl of it. No more carbo for us. Btw, a small bowl like this costs $5.90. 


Rosti with Cheese Sausage.

My all-time-favourite, Rosti with smoked salmon. 

The price of the Rosti with smoked salmon costs more than $15. I can't really remember the exact price but it's really expensive but yet hard to resist. We used to have 1 smoked salmon Rosti each, but because of the revised price, we decided to go for a slightly cheaper alternative - 1 cheese sausage and 1 smoked salmon.

Rosti is the must-try dish at Marché, so do remember to try them when you are there! I do believe that the Rosti booth is the most popular one among the others. :) 

Marché 313 @ somerset
Level 1, Discovery Walk, 313 Orchard Road
Singapore 238895

No comments :

Post a Comment