Friday, December 20, 2013

Ikea @ Queenstown

We reckoned it's time to get down to some serious work since our house is coming soon. Ikea is no longer just eating meatballs/chicken wings and fooling around with all the stuff there. 

We reached there pretty late and it was really crowded. Oh well, school holidays, nothing surprising at all. 

Ever since I stopped working around that area, I hardly patronize the ikea which I used to lunch at pretty often. But I'm still familiar with that area. I would probably get lost at the Tampines's Ikea. 

Anyway. we went  to get some food to fuel ourselves before we start hunting up and down for stuffs.


They have changed their trolley! Like finally~ Because I've always think that the old trolley's design is pretty bad. It's bigger now! 

Originally, I'm going to order the fried chicken wing rice set for Derp and me. The queue was moving really slow, totally different from what I experience at Ikea during their lunch crowd. Anyway, just when it was about my turn, I heard the girl infront of me ordering the fried chicken wing rice set. The staff replied "Sold Out" 

By then I've already ordered the meatballs and was intending to head over to the chicken wings section to request for my chicken wings rice set. But who knows, it's sold out. #emodieme

They should at least start informing everyone that their rice set is sold out, I would have switched to meatball pasta instead of just meatballs. 


16 pieces of meatballs


Fried chicken wings! 


We bought the curry puff because Derp heard someone saying they come to Ikea just for this curry puff. After we tried, we concluded it's just so-so as compared to their chicken wings and meatballs.



Dinner that night.. A not that much carbo dinner except for the mash potatoes.

And off we go to hunt for our stuffs...

We actually have no fixed stuff to look for, more on discovering what's being sold and Ikea and which of the items fulfills our criteria. We are more or less getting their carpet, mirrors(I'm going to have lots of mirrors lol) and chairs! Not forgetting their household items which are pretty affordable too. 

No Ikea furniture for us because it's just not lasting. You can read this post to find out what happen to my currnet Ikea's drawer. But we might be getting a coffee table from them if we really need it. Currently, there's no plans yet. 

We didn't buy anything that day for our house but we carried home a clothes hanger! The one currently at my house is in a pretty bad condition hence there's a need to change it. 

We took lots of photo of the items we want and their price. It helps to do in budgeting or at least for comparing price purposes. 

Ended with some photos we took that day..

Like a boss! 

And Derp say I was acting demure! 


Me appearing in a few of the photos he took for budgeting purposes. 

I'm the one asking him to take the photos, while I go see other stuffs. Next moment, I appear in the photo to disturb him.

#OOTD taken with the Xmas Tree in Ikea. Dress by Eternity Loft :) Reviews are up here!

No comments :

Post a Comment