Monday, December 16, 2013

Benten Cafe @ Jurong Point

Derp and I used to be regular customers of Benten Cafe @ Jurong Point in the past, especially during our schooling days. 

I went there pretty often with my uni mates for their lunch special offer. We do know how to pamper ourselves once in awhile though we were poor students. It was convenient for us to have it during long lunch break, because it's located in Jurong Point. 

Back then, the lunch set costs no more than $10 nett. I doubt that's the price now, even their mains have also increased 2 to 3 dollars as compare to few years back. Hence, that explains why Derp and I hardly patronise them nowadays.  

We went there quite awhile back because we ran out of idea, on what to eat before our movie. 

I realized I did not do a detailed review of Benten Cafe on my blog after eating it for umpteen times, so here's a short one :)

One of the must try at the Benten Cafe is their Curry Baked Pasta. You can choose from Seafood, Chicken or Prawn(if I never remember wrongly). I would always go for the Seafood Curry Baked Pasta


You often come along baked pasta but how often do you come across one that's serve with Japanese curry? :) The marriage between western and Japanese cusine is simply perfect in this context. Once you poke through the cheese, you can totally see the hot curry oozing out. If you are a Japanese curry lover, you are gonna love this. They are really generous with their ingredients and do throw in a lot of seafood for you.

Next up, another of Benten Cafe's Signature, Pork Katsu Curry Omelet Rice 

I'm very particular with pork cutlet because I hate those that are too hard/dry/those with bones.

The Pork Katsu at Benten Cafe has nth much for me to complain about. They are being cooked to almost perfection - Juicy, crispy and tasty. The Pork Katsu meat they used are definitely not any cheap type of meat :) 


They are also generous with their curry when comes to serving it to customers. I've always find it more than enough. They don't used to serve the pork cutlet rice with omelette but now they does.


Look at the thick pork katsu meat they serve, boneless and totally yummy! I'm salivating as I'm looking at this picture. hehe! 

There's nth much to fancy about regarding their curry, because it's just the normal type of Japanese curry. After all, they don't specialize in cooking various hotness of Japanese Curry. 

From the mains that we order, you can easily tell that Derp and I are big fans of Japanese curry, hence we do cook Japnese Curry pretty often. Troublesome as it may seem to be, nth beats trying to cook it yourself. #senseofachievenment 

Things to note: They don't have a shop front by themselves, so be prepared to dine in at a open area if you are going to the branch in Jurong Point.

Benten Cafe @ Jurong Point
#03-20/20A, Jurong Point Shopping Centre, 1 Jurong West Central 2

No comments :

Post a Comment