Monday, December 09, 2013

Woodlands Community Centre's Zi Char

A few weeks ago after work, Derp and I went to meet our JP at Woodlands Community Centre's coffee shop. We totally have no idea there's a coffee shop within a community centre. It's the first time I came to know that there's a coffee shop within a community centre. Usually, it will be Mcdonalds or other restaurants, just not coffee shop.

The whole coffee shop may seems ulu, but I do noticed many people walking over to ta bao their dinner. Seems like it's not that bad and we gave it a try since we were famished from waiting for our JP.

We reached early and have already sat in the coffee shop for close to 1/2 hour, before deciding to order our dinner from the Zi Char stall. Our JP was held up in a bad traffic jam, so we went ahead to have our dinner first.

It's pretty quiet on a weekday evening..

As usual, we ordered 3 dishes.

Ma Pou Tou Fu 

If I'm not wrong, this dish costs $8 and the portion is really huge! We can't finish it. Nothing special, just the usual Ma Pou Tou Fu.

Kai Lan cooked with Oyster Sauce

We tried to incorporate veggies into our daily meals and this veggie definitely fits the bill. It costs us $6.

Last but not least, our usual order, the Prawn Paste Chicken.


It's not that bad but it's a little too much for both of us. We actually ate till quite sian, perhaps it's fried and dry.  I hope the next time round, we would order meat dishes which are stir fried with sauce the next time round rather than fried. 

Our JP came while we were in the midst of our dinner, he briefed us for 10-15 minutes and ta dah we are done! The JP part of our ROM is settled swiftly, one thing less to worry about :)


#OOTD - A shift dress from Bangkok. 

I still remember how much I wish to get this dress but it's cheaper to get 2 dresses instead of 1 from the same shop. While I was hunting down the 2nd dress to get,  I met this lady who asked me whether do I want to combine purchases with her and get the dress wholesale price. I gladly agreed because she helped me to save my thai baht! :)

Do check out the other Zi Char Stalls that I've reviewed before: 



No comments :

Post a Comment