Monday, May 20, 2013

Happy Mothers' Day 2013

Though this post came late, but better late than never :) 

Every year, I'll get my mother a Mother's day cake. My mother quite practical one lol. She would rather have something to eat than anything else. I bought her clothes before but she's not happy and went back to exchange for something else. -_-". But then few years later, she asked me to go shopping with her to choose clothes for her. Probably, she start to realise my taste is better than hers when my relatives praise me whenever they see me all this years. *fly up to the sky*

I started looking out for Mothers' day cake around 1 month prior to the actual day. I chanced upon my facebook news feed one day and saw Charlotte Grace Cakeshop uploading their cupcakes design for Mothers' day. It was soooo pretty la! 

I bought Xmas cupcakes from Charlotte Grace last year and the designs were so nice. The taste also not bad and most importantly not too sweet. But because it was fondant cupcakes, I scrape off the fondant and threw it away, the cupcake part that can be eaten is actually quite small :(. Anyway, some people do eat the fondant but is highly not recommended. 

I emailed Charlotte Grace to ask whether do they have mothers' day cake instead of cupcake. They replied me with a photo and immediately I'm in love with the design of their mothers' day cake. I chose vanilla flavor out of chocolate and strawberry flavors.

After saying so much, here's the picture of the Mothers' day cake by Charlotte Grace Cakeshop.


Pretty isn't it? 

I love the flowers a lot and also the strawberry waffles at the side. At least it's not a fondant cake, if not I'm left with a small cake again. Btw, the flowers cannot be eaten! I did ask what is it made of, it's made by some gum sweet thingy, not recommended to be eaten also. But thumbs up for the effort and time spend in making all the flowers. 

Check out their facebook page and website for more information and pictures of their other designs :) They are really pretty and of affordable price. 

Charlotte Grace Cakeshop 
85C Lorong 4 Toa Payoh

We had a simple mothers' day dinner at a tze char near my house area last sunday, 12th May 2013. Just the  4 of us, mum, dad, my brother and me. It seems to be a long time since we sat down to eat dinner other than the yearly reunion, I'm glad that brother and I make the effort to treat the folks for dinner. Brother almost couldn't make it because he OT-ed awhile. But due to the mothers' day crowd at the tze char, he arrived even before the food came. Though the food really took sometime to came (we took turns to hurry them), but the food was not bad and they gave every mothers a free pouch for mothers' day present. 

A picture with my mum taken few months back..


I just want to say thanks 妈 for everything! 

I know I'm always unreasonable, bad tempered at home but yet you still ta han all my rubbish all these years. But hor, not I always want to raise voice, it's 为了你好 okay? I know it's been sometime since I bring you out eat and shop, like since last year end or so. Both you and me are busy with our own stuffs hence the lack of bonding time. Even if I move out, I'll still try to come back and sleep over often and disturb you until you bth and ask me "no need pei husband arh?".  I'll 永远 stick to you and dad no matter what and I hope I've did both of you proud all these years :)

No comments :

Post a Comment