Thursday, May 16, 2013

Review: Redken Color Extend Shampoo & Conditioner

Each time I give my hair a new color, I wished that it won't fade away forever. But I know it's impossible since I wash my hair everyday :(

Therefore, a good shampoo is really essential when comes to colored treated hair to. It's the key to having beautiful colored hair and it helps to repair the damaged done by the chemicals. 

The other time when I dyed my hair for CNY, I bought the REDKEN color extend shampoo and conditioner from Chapter 2 cause they were having xmas promotions. I can't really remember the exact price but I bought it at $20+ each for the shampoo and conditioner thanks to the xmas promo :)



My hairstylists told me to use it for a week or so and keep it for future usage. I ended up using it for 2 weeks before changing back to my normal shampoo. But I kind of regretted that I did not continue to use the REDKEN shampoo because my original pantene shampoo is for normal hair, not colored hair. 

Hence, my red hair become light brown hair in no time. Sad to the max! 

I concluded that as long you got coloured hair, just use shampoo for coloured hair for the longest possible time to preserve your color if not you will feel that you've waste money. Btw, I've always feel that Pantene shampoo will cause your newly hair dye color to change to some other color in no time, just different from your original color. Anybody experience that as well? Or is it just my hair?? I've no idea! 

Okay back to the REDKEN shampoo and conditioner. After using it, I feel that my hair color is being preserved really well even after 2 weeks, and most importantly, not dry :) As most of your might know that red hair dye fade the fastest and it will turn to brown, so it will be quite sad if you see your hair fade so fast! 

I guess I'll continue using the REDKEN color extend shampoo for quite sometime. I'm also trying out the Loreal EverPure Sulfate-Free Color Care System Moisture Shampoo and conditioner but have yet to determine whether does it preserve color on colored hair that well yet. 

Indeed, the Loreal everpure sulfate-free shampoo is cheaper, but I've read quite good reviews online. So I'm still testing it out. Been trying to find out if there's a cheaper alternative of good shampoo for colored hair other than REDKEN. Any recommendation? Especially for red hair.


My hair color especially the ombre ends didn't fade that much after 1.5 weeks.

Coloring your hair may be harmful for your hair, but by using the appropriate hair shampoo and conditioner thereafter, will allow you to have smooth and beautiful hair. Just the same as the 1st day when you dyed your hair :)

Read/View my latest few hair color by Chapter 2 here:

No comments :

Post a Comment