Tuesday, May 28, 2013

New Camera: Samsung WB250F (Red)

With prior to my previous post on preparation for my Taiwan trip, I've bought my camera. I was deciding between Canon Powershot SX270HS or Canon Powershot SX280HS. 

When I went to Harvey Norman to take a look at these 2 Canon cameras, I enquire on why the diference in 50 bucks when these 2 cameras are almost the same in terms of specs and size differ not much. The Harvey Norman sales man told me Powershot SX280HS has GPS but not in Powershot SX270HS hence the 50 bucks different. 

The sales man then introduce me to the Samsung WB 250F and told me it's the same price as the Canon and the specs is even better. Derp and I play around the camera for 1/2 hour or so before We decide to get it. We were so amazed by what camera can do nowadays, especially the Wi-Fi function. I've heard of it but had not tried it out myself.

The sales man explained to us that Samsung camera's Wi-Fi is better than Canon in terms of the speed of transfer from camera to our smart phone. We can also use our smart phone to control the camera as long one have the app installed in your smart phone :). It serves as a clicker when you want to do self shots. Hehe. 

Other than the Wi-Fi function, the camera also has different mode like fisheye, miniature and etc which is also 1 of the criteria that I look for when getting a new camera. It's been nearly 5 years since I change my camera. 

For more specs of my camera, click here. I'm not a person who have lots of knowledge on camera so if you ask me to clearly explain out and review on the different functions, I won't be able to do it. If you are interested, go to the link to have a better understanding :) 

Anyway, I bought it at $399. It was on promotion, originally it was $449. 
Free gifts include Extra battery, Tripod, Case, Extra memory card, 1 year warranty by harvey norman which in case I lost my camera or my camera spoil *touch wood* , I can bring back within 1 year and would just need to pay 10% of the camera price to change/get a new one :). It's like camera insurance like that. 

Say Hello to my new camera - Samsung WB 250F

I think the camera is more towards dark fuschia pink instead of red even though Samsung name it as red. 

The red one was out of stock so I went back the next day to collect it. Derp and I took turns to take some test shots to get used to the camera. 

No.1: Learn how to camwhore using my new camera. lol! 

No. 2: Testing out the fisheye effect and also many other effects. 

No.3: Testing out the zoom in effect to see if pictures still take out to be of good quality. 

No.4: Taken by Derp. Zoom in and flash is on. 

Btw, all the zoom shots were taken from our own chair. Probably around 1/2 to 1 metres away. We were just finding things to zoom-in in my room to test it out.

Another shot taken by Derp. He took until my penguin toy look so emo. lol. 

Last shot taken by me. Zoom in out another softtoy on my bed. :)

I'm looking forward to bring the camera to Taiwan, can't wait to see how the photos will turn out, especially the scenery shots and not forgetting camwhore shots!

No comments :

Post a Comment