Saturday, June 29, 2013

MBS Staycation (14/06/2013 - 15/06/2013) - TCC @ MBS, Infinity Pool @ MBS, Garden by the Bay, Sweetspot @ MBS

I shall complete this post in the shortest possible time and wake up early tml for my lesson at SRC. And yup, finally TGIF! Lots to be done this weekend, train JLR2013, collect JLR2013 race pack. Okay, my life revolving around that for now because the run is just next sunday! Thanks to the haze, I think I'll probably chui during the race. -_-". *sigh* Don't want think so much, just treat it as Sunday morning exercise. 

Derp and I went for a staycation at MBS exactly 1 week after We are back from Taiwan.


We had lunch at TCC in MBS. They were having 1 for 1 mains promotion for member and as for non member, as long you order your first main, the 2nd main will get 50% off :). They are having GSS promotion.

Scallop Pasta in Jap Sauce and Fish Roe. 

It's too sweet for Derp's liking but I like it leh lol. It's really very Jap. The scallops from TCC are really awesome! 

Seafood Aglio Oilo.

I prefer the more garlic type Aglio Olio like those in Pasta Mania, but I must say their scallops are really awesome. The next time when I finally cooked prawn aglio oilo (I've been saying it for a million times and not get down to do it yet), I shall add in scallops and try hehe! More effort needed, got to cook separately first. But I guess it will be worth it as long the scallop is properly cooked. :) 



Our Dessert - Chocolate Molten Lava Cake with Vanilla Ice Cream

Derp and I are into chocolate lava cake lately, whereby the chocolate sauce will be heated inside the warm cake and eat it with ice cream. It's like heavely for us, probably because We ate something similar which is super awesome at Dozo for Valentines' Day celebration :).

We can only checked in after 3pm and our itinerary was to check out the infinity pool at the 57th level after We check in. 

View from our room. 

Trust me, the view brought back all the memories(nightmare?) from Nike She Run 2013. I was busy pointing out to Derp "neh neh I run from here to there, and then you see that small bridge, so narrow and super congested can??!"


Our bed.

The shower room, with no bath tub cause this is Tower 3. 

Btw, We should have wore the bathrobes provided in the wardrobe of the hotel room but We didn't. So We wore a singlet and fbt shorts(with our swim suits inside) up to 57th level, which actually We can just wrap ourselves with the robe with only our swim suit inside. Feel so dumb when We saw everyone with their bathrobes at level 57th. Oh well..

I forgot to mention there were already a slight haze during this staycation, but no one know it will be so bad which it did on the following week. ~_~




I used all my calf strength to tip toe so as to prevent my hair from touching the water so that I will look better in photos. #vainme. I only bun up my hair thereafter to enjoy soaking water in the infinity pool.





The experience at the infinity pool was really good! :):). very relaxing and chilling. And ya I finally figured out what happen outside the edge of the pool lol. Like "will we really see what's going on below?" If possible, it will be really scary especially when you come to the edge. Just imagine if it's transparent all around.


:):)

After our soaking, We went back to change and head on out for dinner! I've had sudden craving for popeyes and since Singapore flyer is so near, We decide to slowly stroll there for popeyes! #fatdieme






After our super filling dinner at popeyes, We went to take a walk at Gardens by The Bay when I got sting quite badly at there. #itchydieme. We didn't walk the whole Gardens by the Bay and plus it was so damn dark, We rather head back to the hotel room.





The track that go wrong all this plants on top are for visitors to walk but I guess that's the pay-money zone. Actually, my company have subsidies to Gardens by the Bay. I'll probably visit there one fine day during the day time because at night, you'll really see nothing! 



Found a good spot and faster take photo before We zoom back to our room. Just in time to watch Avengers on HBO :):):) Btw, those spots(mainly my legs) whereby those whatever insect bite me, it's god damn itchy by then. 





Night view from the room. I think not bad leh. :) 



We only had to check out at 12pm hence We were able to sleep in a little longer :)

I did a little research before this staycation to see what are the nice stuff not to be miss out at MBS. Ladyiron chef recommended the Sweetspot's macaron which to him, it's worth a try. 

We went down thinking to dine in at Sweetspot (it's at MBS tower 3 area), but the cafe was quite packed with people. Hence, We packed back our sandwiches and 1 Macaron for me to try. Seems pathetic I know but Macarons just belong to the #fatdieme category. 


Our brunch.

I love their sandwiches!! :) We ordered the smoked salmon wrap and spicy chicken breast sandwich. And to match it with tea, it's nice lor! lol. The tea is the complimentary TWG tea from MBS. So yea, my favorite tea of all time. The verdict of the Macaron, really not bad lor. It belongs to those Macarons that are crunchy on the outside, soft on the inside :).

I'll get more Macarons and maybe also their cakes when I go back there the next time. Their desserts look good too.

And there goes my short staycation with Derp at MBS. We treat it as a getaway(I know We just came back from Taiwan lol) before he start work the following monday :)

I'm definitely looking forward to our next getaway in Nov!

No comments :

Post a Comment