Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Self Consciousness

Taking a break from all my Taiwan Trip posts, oh and if you've not check them out, just click on "Taiwan" under the labels section and you'll find them. :)

Last weekend, Derp and I had a mini staycation at MBS (p/s: I'll blog about it soon). Other than visiting Garden by the Bay, and gotten myself bitten by some insect which causes my leg to itch like a bitch ever since then (*pray that no scars*), We went for a dip at the Infinity Pool at MBS Sky Park.

It's not my first time staying in MBS, but the other time I don't really dare to show off anything at the atas pool. Okay at least to me, it's atas. I mean seriously, to be wearing not much and soaking yourself in water on the 57th level with awesome view, not atas meh? But I would say the experience is more towards relaxing and chilling out with the beautiful skyline of Singapore.

I've gotten myself a proper swimwear for Taiwan's hotspring(I don't really have a proper swimwear all along), so why not also use it for MBS staycation? After We check in to our room, We faster change into our swimwear. Afterwards, my self conscious starts to kick in and kept complaining to Derp. lol. "my legs flabby how how how?". Anyway there's no turning back, since We bought our swimwear along, I can only just go ahead with whatever flaws I think I have because there's no perfect person in this world.

As usual, the self conscious part kicks in. We took a while to find a empty bench to put our stuff and towels provided by the hotel, it's quite crowded though. We were properly wrap all the way from hotel room  till the swimming pool. We took awhile before taking our clothes off and get into the pool. I got to adapt to the surrounding first that keep this in mind: "ya everyone is showing their flesh, it's normal to have flabby meat on my body".

Sometimes, I do think I'm over self conscious(paranoid queen). As long as this dress/skirt/clothes shows a little imperfection I will immediately don't buy it/condemn it. Probably because I was not so slim before and slim down since then, the self conscious still stay?

Anyway, having said so much, if you're wondering did I end up going down for a dip, I did go down the pool (after my 1001 worries in my head) and take some photos before dumping my camera away so as to continue enjoy my scenery. I slowly learn to let go and relax lol. Come to think of it, throughout this 7 years relationship with Derp, We had never visited any swimming pool before.

Over self conscious is definitely not healthy because you probably find it in people who do all sorts of things like going under knifes to make them look better. They tend to care too much on how they portray themselves to the public.

I've  met over confident people which I concluded in my heart: "Confident is free". You don't need to buy it, everyone have it and choose to use how much of it. They can wear clothes that are too over or just simply fashion disaster but yet still think they look god damn good  in it. Trust me, I've seen much and I believe everyone bound to meet such person unless you walk looking down the floor.

One should at least learn what type of clothes are suitable for their body shape, what color of clothing suit their skin tone, and not forgetting the basics of matching the type of clothes with shoes and accessories.

It's just a fine line of difference between confident/over confident and self conscious/over self conscious. There's no right or wrong on which side you belong to, but it's always good to be self conscious and yet feel confident about yourself. It's easier said than done, but I guess that's the best case scenario.

Ending with this quote that I chance upon and I'm gonna keep it in mind..

Source: juxtapost

No comments :

Post a Comment