Monday, June 03, 2013

Selling your Pre-Loved/Brand New Clothes Online - AgnesMaurice, Livejournal, Blogspot.

I chanced upon AgnesMaurice website one fine day while searching for some oos items of blogshop on the internet. While I was browsing through their website, I noticed AgnesMaurice is quite an active website because there's people posting clothes up for sale and there's also people commenting on the items indicating they are interested/asking for trades. It do seems like there's serious buyers out there. 

I've tried another website call Fashfix before I found AgnesMaurice, which also allow people to sell their preloved or brand new clothes. I've posted some clothes up for sales but no replies. They will only charge me a little sum if I managed to get anything sold on their website.

As for AgnesMaurice,  registration is free. A normal member is allow to post up to 15 listings at 1 shot for 1 week before you can upload another 15 listings for sale.

I first started by posting around 2-3 dresses up for sale to test the response. The pictures of the dresses can be found from the respective blogshops and I would just need to give credits to the respective blogshops for using their photos. 

I started to upload more and more clothes up for sale till the maximum for a normal member. Tried it out for nearly 1 month, response is good and I decided to pay $9 for the preimum member since I still have quite a number of clothes to sell :)

What's the difference between normal member and normal member?



The unlimited amount of listing being posted and the free bumping of items, $9/month is really worth it.

Why do I say so?

The bumping function helps you to bump your items which are being pushed down by newer items all the way up to the top and make it visible to visitors to the website. Previously when I was a normal member, I have to re-post the items again so that it will be shown on top. But I would face the problem of hitting the maximum of 15 listing a week. 

With the "save and bump" function just for premium members, I can just bump up my listing with 1 click. It saves me lots of time if not I would be busy copying and pasting the text and re-uploading the photos for each and every item. So tedious! 

If you ask me whether did my sales turn better? of cause! Because at that point I have quite a no. of items on hand to sell but I've reach the maximum listing per week problem. The upgrade from normal membership to preimum membership usually took less than 24 hour. Once I'm upgraded to preimum member, I posted everything up and just waited for interested buyers. Everyday, I would go in to bump the items up once or twice.

Some screenshots of my page on AgnesMaurice website. Do click on the "my page" link to have a clearer view.


You can personalize your shop name and other details on the page. :)


The unsold items are clearly on top and the sold items are being pushed to the bottom of the page. 

Take note of the amount of clothes I sold! :):)


Overall Rating for AgnesMaurice

User Friendly: 5/5 - Defintely easy to use. 
Useful Platform: 4/5 - I sold quite a number of clothes via the website :)
Reasonable Price: 4/5 -$9 a month seems reasonable and you can choose how many months you wish to purchase. I purchase only 1 month to try it out and not it has expired. I shall wait till I've got another batch of clothes to sell and I'll upgrade my membership for 1 month again for fast sales. Currently, I'm back to being a normal member. 

Other than AgnesMaurice website, I also have a livejournal just meant for selling my preloved/brand new clothes. 


A screenshot of it.

Usually I will copy the whole entry and post it to sgfleamarket. A livejournal page for people to post their preloved/brand new items. 

I started posting to their community many years back when there's not a need to apply to post in their community. As the years go by, they implement this new rule so as to moderate the no. of people allowed to post in their community. Before I used AgnesMaurice, I posted in sgfleamarket to get buyers for my previous preloved/brand new clothes. 


Typical Screenshot of how Sgfleamarket looks like.

The pros of using Sgfleamarket is that it's free and rather fuss free because it's just copying your own livejournal entry to the sgfleamarket community page. However, since they implement the new rules, I guess many can't use it as a medium to sell off their preloved/brand new clothes. I'm glad I'm still part of their old scheme. It did help me bring it quite a no. of customers..

Last but not least, if you have a blog, why not consider putting up a new page to sell your preloved/brand new clothes? Not much maintenance needed and who knows visitors to your blog might just click it. :)


Nevertheless, I'll still rank AgnesMaurice as my top choice for selling my preloved/brand new clothes online and I won't hesitate to use that website in the future if needed :) If you've any other website to sell your preloved/brand new clothes, do feel free to share with me. I'm more willing to hear it! 

7 comments :

  1. Hey there,

    Agnes here from Agnes & Maurice Marketplace.

    Came across this lovely blog from Google.

    We'd like to say thanks for the kind review! We're glad you're enjoying our marketplace :)

    Let us know if you have any suggestions to make the marketplace even a better place to buy, sell, and trade :)

    Regards,
    Agnes
    http://www.agnesmaurice.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. no problem! Just giving my honest feedback after using Agnes & Maurice :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read this whole post and really very informative and beneficial to me because I love online shopping where i get latest arrival for every kind of clothes. buy clothes online

    ReplyDelete
  4. Buying online might be quick, however it has its risks. You shouldn't be ready to order from sites that do not seem as well dependable since you can finish up inside a credit card fraud rip-off, or even counterfeit products. The simple method to avoid such problems is to order from the tried-and-tested website. If it's the initial time you are ordering, study critiques concerning the website just to be sure. Secondly, maintain your purchase little for the first few of times. Once you're sure about the originality from the merchandise, you are able to carry on buying without any worries!
    juffrouw jansen online

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to sell my old clothes on good price rates. Many clothes I wore just once so please recommend where I can sell my all clothes. Is there any good online site?
    sell clothes online

    ReplyDelete
  6. I definitely enjoying every little bit of it. It is a great website and nice share. I want to thank you. Good job! You guys do a great blog, and have some great contents. Keep up the good work.
    sell clothes online

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have tried other ways of getting back my money for things I no longer need, such as swapping websites or selling on fashion blogs. Those were awesome for a while, but ultimately I got sick of having things I received in swaps not fitting or things taking forever to sell and buy buy used clothing wholesale

    ReplyDelete