Saturday, June 22, 2013

Taiwan Trip Day 3 - 02/06/2013 (DIY 太阳饼, Cing Jing Farm, Peikong Greek Resort & Spa 北港溪沙八渡假村)

Taiwan Day 3 started with breakfast at the hotel as usual. And yup it's at Beacon Hotel, the one which is super convenient if you're visiting Feng Jia Night Market :) Read my post on Feng Jia Night Market if you would like to find out more about this night market.

We were still feeling full from the night market food the night before, hence We didn't eat that much for our breakfast. 

SAM_0574

SAM_0575

SAM_0576
Thats what I meant by cereal everyday for him as long as there's cereal lol. I shall be a good wife and prepare cereal for him next time. That's provided he has the time to sit down to eat.

SAM_0577
lol. I'm not playing with food. I did end up finishing them all :)

SAM_0579
The breakfast area.

Time to head off to DIY our own 太阳饼 aka suncake! It's one of Taiwan's popular food to bring back to your own country. Same as when people come to Singapore, they love to bring back our pandan cake from bengawan solo.

Tai Chung is famous for their 太阳饼 as 太阳饼 originated from there :) So tips for people going there, get you太阳饼 from Tai Chung if you do happen to go there. I know 太阳饼 are sold everywhere in Taiwan and you've no idea where to get the best one from because it just looks the same. 

A teenage girl guide us through the whole DIY process, she may be young, but she's damn good at it haha! When I know that there's DIY 太阳饼 under my itinerary, I actually look forward to it. It's suppose to be something for kids to enjoy with their parents, but I think everyone(be it old or young) enjoy ourselves a lot and laughing at each other designs. 

It's not that simple as it seems to be, We were given the dough and also the filling, got to wrap here and there, split it up and wrap again, use dough pin to roll it and blah blah blah. Ended with decorating our own 太阳饼. 

I can't really remember the exact steps now and FYI: I forgotten one important step and hence skip one step for some of my 太阳饼. End up, it doesn't taste as nice. I'm like the first to complete doing mine but that's cause I skip step! 

SAM_0582
Derp's design. I think he's trying to make doraemon lol.

SAM_0583
My lousy design lol. Now, I feel pai seh to tell people I took art during uni days.

SAM_0585

SAM_0586
Going to send the ready-dough into oven for baking soon! :)

SAM_0587

SAM_0588 SAM_0590
Some other designs by the chef.

SAM_0591
The dough pin.

SAM_0592

SAM_0593
The name of the shop if you're wondering where I DIY my 太阳饼 at. 

We tasted samples of the various 太阳饼 and some other stuff before placing our orders. The best part is they send our 太阳饼 to our last hotel on the last day. Not a need for us to carry 太阳饼 here and there as We change hotel everyday! Woo Hoo! And it's fresher if they give us only on the last few days because they will make it at a later date :).We bought a total of 7 box of 太阳饼! 

Enough said, more pictures of 太阳饼 lol.

SAM_0596
Derp and his perfectly made 太阳饼.


Why do I say so? Cause if you wrap properly, your fillings won't flow out. You will understand once you've seen mine. 

SAM_0597

See the last one! My filling already bursting out of the 太阳饼. -_-". The trainer did mention if never wrap properly the dough with the filling, the filling will flow out. That's what happen to mine. Anyway, I think only Derp had the perfect one. The others all have some fillings flowing out lol. 

SAM_0599
We packed our 太阳饼 into all this cute boxes and write our name on it. lol. So kiddish right? But I like it lol. 

SAM_0600
With my 太阳饼!

After DIY-ing our 太阳饼, time for lunch. It's at a restaurant in Tai Chung; Nth special about it, just filling up our stomach.  

SAM_0606
The most front dish is their signature dish. Some chicken meat. Don't you think don't look like the normal chicken meat? lol. 

SAM_0607

The shop front. But I must say their service are probably 1 of the better ones out there. The restaurant we ate at Feng Jia Night Market had poor service! 

SAM_0608
Abandon circus? Saw it outside the restaurant earlier on.

We visited  清境農場 aka CingJing Farm after lunch. That's when the earthquake happens. I got whatsapp message from friends and colleagues asking me how is it, am I fine. Thanks all for the concern :):) When the earthquake happen, I was on top of the mountain with sheeps so yea the whole mountain shoke. An experience which I'll probably never experience it in Singapore I guess. 

SAM_0612
#OOTD - In my romper once again.

If you think it's god damn hot at Cing Jing Farm, you're wrong. It's actually very cooling, just imagine when you're in Genting , Cold air blowing at you though is sunny. shiok max.

SAM_0614
Derp said must be do wrong thing hence causes earthquake.

SAM_0615

SAM_0616
Okay, after this shot, earthquake happened.  I was standing somewhere that area in the picture above waiting for my tour guide(in green) to buy the tickets for us.

I was looking on the floor when the earthquake happened and I felt the shake for probably 2-3 seconds. It's not as exaggerating that I will lost my balance and fall down. Derp was staring at the vehicles that were park there and all of them shoke. lol.

After all the big commotion over the earthquake, We proceed to see meh meh.. sheeps. 

SAM_0617
Tickets!

SAM_0620
Pretty isn't it? I miss this view now since the haze is so bad now.

SAM_0621
:)

SAM_0622

SAM_0625
With pretty lavender flowers.

SAM_0626
Walking towards the sheep show area..

SAM_0628

SAM_0634

SAM_0635

Btw, because it's a weekend hence there's a lot of tourists flooding the area. We spotted a Singaporean couple taking their wedding shoot. Yup the background is nice, but there's many people looking at them la! Awkward max. I think they sort of chop chop take and chop chop pack and go before the sheep show start.     They probably appear in tourists camera's shots lol.

So don't come telling me take wedding photo is a really romantic thing, under such condition I think it's not? Thousands of people walking pass u while you are posing for the camera. -_-". 

Come to think of it, guess I gonna take my bridal shoot locally or if NOT I'm gonna bring my own photographer and wedding dress over. I'm not going to choose my gowns overseas. I've heard horrible complains on bride to be not able to find gown they like when they're choosing it overseas and got to suck thumb just stick to whatever that looks normal and nice. Tat feeling sucks. I know I've got a lot of "If" in my head. 

Enough of my ranting, back to the sheep show at Cing Jing Farm..

SAM_0636

SAM_0637

SAM_0639
Our chop. 

Actually there's another part of Cing Jing farm which we never went, as long as you got this chop, you can enter the other part of the farm.Anyway, this chop is self-service. lol. 

SAM_0643

SAM_0644
Hiding under umbrella while waiting for the sheep show. lol. I seriously think we got tanner but didn't got ourselves sunburn. 



SAM_0645
Okay a much nicer view behind us.

SAM_0647
Sheep show started.

Anyway, the dog is use to chase the sheeps around and keep them in order. If not the sheep will just stone there and smell/eat grass. The dog is damn smart! 

SAM_0648
So orderly!

SAM_0665
The sheep show is mainly about stripping the sheep naked and telling us what's the purpose of their fur.

After the sheep show which lasted around 20-30 minutes, We went to walk around to see the souvenirs. Chance upon stores selling goat milk. No harm trying. It's not very sweet and actually quite nice. Just fresh milk taste :)

SAM_0669

SAM_0672

Saw this bees at 1 honey shop in Cing Jing Farm. It's also part of their tourists attraction. The amount of bees there freak me out.

SAM_0677
Tried the sheep ice cream made from their milk. Not too sweet, just nice for me. :)


SAM_0679
Goodbye Cing Jing Farm!

We were suppose to be heading to Olliere Castle for high tea, but due to the earthquake, there's a long jam when We're leaving Cing Jing Farm because of the falling rocks from the mountain that hit some cars. We skipped that attraction and head towards Peikong Greek Resort & Spa 北港溪沙八渡假村).

We reached our 民宿 at around 6pm. Jam nearly 2 hours. Our driver is kind enough to drop us at a convenience store to get some snacks. 民宿 are usually located at a ulu area, don't think about going there by bus or train. You'll probably need a cab driver to send you there.

Peikong Greek Resort & Spa 北港溪沙八渡假村) is not that small, It's actually quite a big resort. Our bus drove us up the slopes to get to our room if not We'll probably die dragging out luggage up the slope. Not a very steep slope but with the luggage and all, it's tiring enough.

We checked into our 民宿 before dinner time. We had some free time before heading down for dinner(probably 5-7 minutes walk to get there, depending on your speed), so time to take photos of our 民宿! Our very first time spending a night in 民宿. 

SAM_0680

We have a personal hotspring area in our room. So good enough, no need to feel shy going to the public hotspring to soak. :):)

SAM_0681
The bathing area just next to our personal hot spring.

SAM_0682
Our bedroom + living room.

We really do spend a lot of time on the TV watching exciting Taiwan news everyday and munching snacks away.

SAM_0684
View from the room.

  SAM_0688
:)

SAM_0690
Stairs to our room. We were on the 2nd floor as all the king size bed were on top. Single bed would be on the first floor. Yea so no choice, got to carry heavy luggage up when We got the keys and also down when checking out.

SAM_0693
The first level are rooms with 2 single bed and top level are rooms with 1 double bed :)

SAM_0696
That's what I meant by gentle slopes.

SAM_0697
The entrance of the 民宿, and that's where our dining area is.

SAM_0701

SAM_0702
We saw this information regarding this lover bridge but apparently We couldn't see any bridge within our sight, probably the remains of it. It's like broken and sealed up, or maybe they've torn it down.

I've youtube it when I came back, and there's a video of the bridge. So I guess it did exist before and gone now. :(. I felt a little sad though because I think the view when you are on the bridge should be awesome.

SAM_0703
The start of the bridge and the end of the bridge is at the far end of the photo. That's all!

SAM_0708
Our dinner that night at 民宿. Quite a spread I must say.

Rest after our dinner before soaking ourselves with hot spring water. 

SAM_0711

If you ask me what does hot spring water feel like, it's not really the same but to a certain extend. Afterall, they're all water right? When We first on the tap to let the hot spring water filled the tub, the sulfur smell is so god damn strong. But after awhile, it goes back to normal. I tie up my hair to prevent the water from touching my hair because the hot spring water will cause damage to it. 

SAM_0713
Our supper that night.

I would describe my experience of staying in a 民宿 to be a not bad one. I felt very close to nature because of all the crickets and bug noise at night. It's really loud but I can't really be bothered whether they are in my room anot. Too tired le. And because We check in early that day, Derp and I watched tv and play games on our iphone/itouch till late that night while watching tv. Very relaxing! Just a different experience from the town areas, somewhere quieter and more relax :)

We came from a fast pace country, time to step back and enjoy the nature and appreciate what Mother Earth have given us.

Read my other post on My Taiwan Trip here:

Taiwan Trip Day 4 Part 1
Taiwan Trip Day 4 Part 2
Taiwan Trip Day 5 Part 1
Taiwan Trip Day 5 Part 2
Taiwan Trip Day 6
Taiwan Trip Day 7 part 1
Taiwan Trip Day 7 Part 2 and Taiwan Day 8

No comments :

Post a Comment