Monday, July 22, 2013

Despicable Me Craze in Singapore

Gone is the Hello Kitty madness in Singapore which lasted the whole month of June and here comes the Minions craze in Singapore. 

The whole hello kitty madness gone out of hand during the final week launch of the singing bones hello kitty. Especially when people start queuing at 8 to 9pm waiting for the launch at 12 midnight, I totally don't understand why! Possibly, it's because of "limited edition" this 2 words, but seriously it's not cute at all. Then the following morning, there's many sellers of the black kitty on ebay selling their kitties as high as few hundred thousand for 1 kitty. -_-". 有需要吗? 

But in anyway, the SGAG photos of the Hello Kitty craze entertain me quite well and make me laugh out loud. 

Though McDonalds have limit the customers to buy 4 black kitties at a time, I do think it's too much la! Should have just limit to only 1 kitty per customer and that should allow more people to get it. 

Okay whatever it is, Singapore's McDonalds started selling Despicable Me minions toy in July. Minions got me crazy over them because they are just so cute. At least cuter than hello kitty la! No offence to Hello Kitty fans but the minion toys by Mcdonalds have just got more functions than the hello kitty toy.

My favourite scene from Desipicable Me 2. I love to irritate Derp with this sound :)

My 3 Minions from first week of  launch. 

At that time, buying them was a breeze. Most of them buy 1 and go off, but there's also people buying 3 happy meals at a time, and I belong to the buy 3 happy meals at a time type of customers. # fatdieme #eatdieme. Anyway I didn't finish all my meals la, I even ta bao home for Derp to have it. 

For the 2nd week launch, they implemented the donate meals policy. But when I went to buy the minions, the queue was horribly long and they should have gave out queue number. 

A lot of people bought 3 yellow minions at a time and totally ignore the purple minion. I saw the last 3 yellow minions got sold to a lady that was infront of me a little. Screw those who buy 3 yellow minions at a time. They just have problem with the evil minions. 

But nevertheless, I manage to get the 2 purple minions to join in my minions troop, it's better than nth right? :) I'm waiting to order online once it's launch and collect it in December. Come to think of it, does it make any difference if you collect it now and some months later? 

 Thank you Mcdonalds for having this system, greatly appreciated but to think of it, 4 months time frame is it a little too long? Perhaps they are just preparing for the worse and the minions might come in November :) I might just opt to buy the last 3 minions online too if the queue get horribly long this coming Thursday. Stuffing myself with happy meals with so many weeks is really zzz! 

Though I've 5 minions instead of 6 as of now, I'm still contented. :)

Introducing them to each other. Actually the evil minions may seems ugly, but they really look quite funny lor lolol. They dont belong to the cute minions league but I would deem them as funny looking minions :)

Ending this entry with this cute little girl wearing a Minion beanie hat. so cute! :) Chanced upon this little girl when I head to IMM's to get reading specs for my dad. Seems like the minion craze really hit on every Singaporean from all walks of life. 


1 comment :

  1. Anonymous8:35 PM

    Hi,
    If anyone is interested in getting the USA Despicable Me Happy meal toys, you can refer to this link:
    http://usshippingtosingapore.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete