Monday, July 01, 2013

Back on the track, Jurong Lake Run 2013 Racepack Collection, Taman Jurong Hawker Centre

The haze may still be above 50 and less than 100, I would go ahead with my run because to me the air is in the healthy zone, in my world. 

I do miss those days with fresh air and clear skies. 

Ended off my mid week(last week) with a 3.6km run. Initially, I wanted to do only 2.4km but the weather is too cooling (thanks to the rain in the afternoon), I went on for another round. More haze-free days to come? :)
Derp accompanied me to Taman Jurong CC to collect my racepack for the Jurong Lake Run 2013. I've read on the forums regarding racepack collection for the  previous years, it was quite horrible with long queue and  was held at a shoebox size room.

With prior to what happen during the previous years, they decided to implement the staggered timing to collect your race pack. You get to select your desired timeslot to collect your racepack and stick to it during racepack collection day.

My queue number. 

The estimated waiting time was quite accurate or earlier than what it is stated. Thumbs up for the volunteers and I heard that they are my secondary school juniors :) 

They have 2 screens which show the queue number, 1 in the hall itself, another 1 at the first level. I'm allowed to go walk walk or have a drink at the hawker next to it while waiting for my queue number to flash on the screen. Even if I've missed it, I can just walk back to collect it anytime after my queue number is being flashed on the screen.

We waited in the hall itself while looking at all the booths selling sports stuff :) Not long later, it's my turn to collect the race pack. I guess the best part is, no need to stand in the queue to wait for my turn to get the race pack. I spent nearly 45 minutes to collect my Nike race pack the other time.

It was only sat and there's nearly 12k people who have collected the racepack, it's gonna be a big event. Pray that there will be not much human congestion because some parts of the race route are looks quite narrow. However, there's various race categories so just pray for the best. I don't wish my Nike She Run 2013 nightmare to appear again.

Yea! Collected the race pack. :) #OOTD - The little twin star tee shirt from uniqolo! Super comfy :)

Time for early dinner before movie date with Derp. We went to watch White House Down after our dinner. The movie is god damn nice and it's similar to Olympus has Fallen.


We had dinner at this BBQ seafood stall. Derp came here with his friends before and this stall is opened by his friend friend parents. So, We decided to give support and also it's been awhile since We ate such spicy food.

Sambal Sotong

Sambal Stingray! It was really good.

Sambal Stingray, Sambal Kangkong, Sambal Sotong. All for $24! Cheap right? :)

Do support this BBQ seafood stall if you are dining in at Taman Jurong Hawker Centre okay? It's on the 3rd floor.

And that's what inside the race pack. Nth much, a lot of vouchers/papers and a paypal towel.

Ending this post with this photo taken by runsociety during the NikeSheRun 2013

I've been telling Derp I look fitter then as compare to now. That time I work out 3 days a week, now probably 2 or maybe 1 each week for the month of June thanks to the haze. #feelfat, I need to look at this photo and tell myself  "Yes I can do it for this Sunday! Be confident!"

"May the odds be in your favour" to everyone this coming sunday and let's enjoy the beautiful scenery :)

No comments :

Post a Comment