Thursday, July 18, 2013

Kranji Countryside Run

I've signed up for a probably cutest marathon ever! I was totally attracted to every part of this marathon that I've dragged Derp to sign up with me. whahaha! Anyway, it's the first run he's interested in I think.


Just by the banner itself, I go crazy about it. Why so cute one??! 

So what is the Kranji Countryside Run about? 

The first-ever Kranji Countryside Run is a road,trail, and farm run to promote health, sustainability, community bonding and heritage in the Kranji countryside, one of Singapore’s last remaining “wild frontiers”.

Jointly organised by the Kranji Countryside Association and Pink Apple, this run will take participants past the lush greenery of the Neo Tiew area, a paved jungle trail along Turut track, and through Bollywood Veggies, Singapore’s largest banana farm.

Bring your families and friends back to nature and enjoy the fresh air and kampong spirit of our local farming community!


In short, running while enjoying the scenery of our local farm :) I know it sounds super educational and that's probably the part why Derp is interested in.

The runner's entitlement attracts me a lot. I'm saying it from the bottom of my heart. Some may think is very wth, but I think likewise. 


The sheep plushie which will be given to every runner upon completion. Derp and I make a pact that We will give the sheep plushie to his mum LOL. Because his mum is born in the year of sheep.





The finisher medal. So cute lor! 

And and and..I haven finish! The event tee is cute max! 



Seriously, I laugh out LOUD when I saw it and I tell myself "I got to join in this cute run no matter what".

Though it falls on the same day as Adidas KOTR 2013, but I've no confident to run 16.8km, hence I go for the Kranji Countryside Run 8km :). I'm aiming to do it below 1 hour! 

Actually, I seriously don't know who will join this type of run other than families, but they would probably be in the non competitive group. Nvm, I shall see when I collect the racepack at the end of July. I'm gonna camwhore like mad with the event tee cause it's freaking cute, and then dump it at one side to wear at home. Doubt I'll dare to wear it out lololol.


The race route, We'll probably be passing by lots of farms.

After the race, there will be shuttle bus provided to the different farms around that area. Maybe I should find 1 or 2 farms to visit with Derp since We are already there. Don't waste it! They have the famous frog farm(which I've seen on tv before), ayoung girl help the dad manage the farm and also poultry and fish farm. So many to choose, spoiled for choice. I'll do some research prior to the event :) 

Less than a month to my next run! I'm really looking forward and prepping hard for it :):) 

No comments :

Post a Comment